The upcoming election is focusing on energy the outlandish gas prices, the expanding circle of environmental concerns, the need for something better for America... In this climate it's not difficult to start a conversation and at Clean Energy you will be empowered to transform that conversation into action. If you have a strong trucking background and the sales talent to not just sell a commodity "swap" as you'd do with diesel, but to sell a new platform for entire fleets, the Business Development Manager role focused on fleet and truck sales offers you the optimal platform to not only build a lucrative career with growth potential, but to be an evangelist for change that is good for the environment, pocketbook, and America.
To be a good fit for the opportunity of Business Development Manager, Trucking, you will need:
Clean Energy is North America's leading provider of natural gas fuel for transportation, and a global leader in expanding international natural gas vehicle markets. With experience and expertise built over more than a decade, we are committed to helping our customers companies operating all kinds of fleets from the goods movement sector, to refuse and public transit, to shuttles and taxi fleets gain the measurable economic and environmental advantages of natural gas fueling. We have more than 1000 employees globally, we distribute products globally, and our revenues in 2011 grew 38% to $293 million.
- A bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least five years of experience within the trucking industry major trucking company, OEM, etc. You should be able to readily gain credibility by demonstrating strong industry knowledge.
- A love of sales and the drive to build a strong book of business.
- Success with extended-cycle sales. The sales cycle is typically between six and eighteen months.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to develop well-considered proposals, business letters, emails, etc.
This position will work out of a home office, preferably in Chicago, and cover the upper Midwest territory including, Illinois, Wisconsin and Minnesota. You will travel heavily within your local territory and can expect to be away from home a couple of nights per week.
Clean Energy - 2 years ago