No software application is used by more people than the web browser. There are dozens of browsers available today, but the same basic architecture introduced nearly two decades ago is largely unchanged. Amazon Web Services (AWS) has formed a team to take a radically different approach to this application that is so central to the daily life of billions of customers. With our browser, Amazon Silk, we are leveraging the power of cloud computing to fundamentally change the way people experience the web.
Would you like to own driving relationships with some of the most important publishers on the web? Would you like to be part of a team focused on increasing awareness of an optimization for the Silk browser by engaging with these publishers? Do you have the business savvy and the technical background necessary to help Amazon take a leadership position in the browser space?
As a Business Development Manager focused on Amazon Silk, you will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to drive organizations ranging from new start-ups to large enterprises to deliver exceptional experiences for the millions of consumers using the Silk browser. Your responsibilities will include helping to define key properties to target, driving the necessary business and technical relationships with these properties, and enabling the sales and technical teams to drive the day-to-day interactions with publishers. You’ll also work closely with the product/service teams to help them evolve the Silk browser and address issues, concerns, and requests from the field.
The ideal candidate will posses both a business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the CxO/VP level, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact with web developers and architects. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a key member of the Business Development team in helping to drive strong working relationships with some of the leading publishers on the web.
- Set a strategic business development plan for target publishers and ensure it's in line with the AWS strategic direction.
- Execute the strategic business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. service teams, solutions architects, technical documentation, etc.).
- Identify specific prospects/partners to approach while communicating the specific value proposition for their business and use case.
- Fill the business development pipeline by engaging with publishers and key partners.
- Understand the technical requirements of site owners and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of Silk for developers.
- Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of the cloud computing market
- Some relevant technical knowledge is helpful, such as: web development, core distributed computing concepts, fundamentals of cloud computing and virtualization, content delivery networks (CDNs) etc.
- The right person will be technical and analytical, and possess 5-10 years of business development enterprise sales, or program/product management experience.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as leadership skills. Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations is key.
- Technical degree required; MBA, Computer Science, and/or Engineering/Math background highly desired; working knowledge of software development practices and data center / infrastructure / networking technologies highly desired.
** For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com **
- Experience working within the technology industry is highly desired.
Amazon.com - 16 months ago