The Business Development Manager identifies, evaluates and
manages new business development opportunities and marketing
initiatives to create demand. This position is responsible for
developing relationships throughout the value chain to champion
pressure sensitive (PS) growth in the home and personal care
industry. This position will require 50 -60% domestic travel.
REPRESENTATIVE ACTIVITIES: Activities and duties will vary
dependent upon functional area assigned. Activities may include,
but are not limited to:
• Formulate strategy and target key growth opportunities in the home and personal care market.
• Identify strategic partnerships, build relationships and quickly drive to unmet customer needs, working to identify products and processes needed to meet those needs.
• Navigate customer organizations to map their packaging decisions and matching internal Avery resources within the customer organization enabling the building of relationships with customers both horizontally and vertically.
• Become a valued partner of our customers by bringing new ideas and business opportunities to the table, helping to build brands and optimize their operational efficiency.
• Identify opportunities and build pipeline for packaging innovation.
• Quickly evaluate market value and investment required to execute upon innovative packaging solutions.
• Act as the voice of the customer to guide internal product and innovation initiatives, share market trends, and help educate our sales channel for full value stream benefit.
• Lead and manage priority growth projects that include R&D, sales, marketing, manufacturing, quality and supply chain resources.
• Ongoing management of marketing communication projects to reach a global Home/Personal Care audience: campaigns, collateral, selling tools, trade shows, etc.
• Monitor and report on industry trends. Incorporate knowledge of the industry to partner with Marketing to develop products, support materials and pricing recommendations. Partner with Sales to transition business development account activities during commercialization.
Minimum Requirements :
• Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA preferred.
• 8-10 years, marketing, sales or related field.
• Proficient in understanding and articulating technical details of a product line.
• Experience working in global business teams a plus.
• Strong bias towards details and communication.
• A rounded understanding of the Home/Personal Care packaging industry.
• General knowledge of how packaging decisions are made within CPG companies
• Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to interface with a diverse population and various business functions. Effectively connect their needs to unanswered questions for exploration.
• Proven record of developing and maintaining relationships in a competitive market.
• Self-starter and collaborative team player. Self-motivated with high level of energy, ability to work with limited supervision and demonstrate business maturity in areas of decision-making and conflict resolution.
• Skill in communicating complex ideas effectively, both orally and in writing and making presentations to large groups. Ability to work well with all levels of management and employees.
• Must be able to champion new business ventures. This will require excellent organizational and people skills, project management skills, with an ability to openly convey information to team members in a timely, concise manner.
• Experience in strategic leadership and negotiation. Established track record for achieving challenging goals.
• Proficiency in MS Office computer skills required with exposure to salesforce.com or similar sales tool.
Physical Work Location:
When applying to this position, please use Internet Explorer.
AVERY DENNISON IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY PROVIDER
Avery Dennison is easy to label: It's a global leader in the making of adhesive labels used on packaging, mailers, and other items....