Business Unit: TruGreen
Title: Business Development Rep
Location: WI - Appleton - 5991
Metro Area: Appleton/Oshkosh/Neenah
Postal Code: 54914
Functional Area: BDR
Branch Number: 5991
Requisition Number: 447713
First Open Date: 10/15/2012
Post Date: 10/25/2012
Description: ServiceMaster is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to this position.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – AA/EOE/M/F/D/V
Responsible for achieving sales goals and executing sales plans within an assigned sales territory and/or account. Generates and secures new business-to-business sales revenue by prospecting and adding new commercial customers. Generates revenue and/or profit margin in their accounts and territories. Generally focuses on local market accounts and prospects. Pro-actively sells programs/services to existing customers, as well as “cold-calling” prospective commercial clients. Informs customers of company promotions, upgrades and up-sell opportunities.
1. Primarily responsible for generating new business to business sales revenue by prospecting and adding new commercial customers.
2. Sells programs and services to existing customers by maintaining key customer relationships and developing and implementing strategies for expanding the company's customer base.
3. Conducts lead follow-up, retention calls and service calls through telemarketing and person-to-person contact.
4. Works collaboratively with Regional Commercial Sales Managers and/or General Managers to define and share best practices and deliver solutions to commercial customers.
5. Works with General Managers, Service Managers and Commercial Account Specialists to execute work, drive customer satisfaction and resolve customer issues in a timely manner.
6. Penetrate new accounts and achieve sales plan in all key areas: new accounts, up-sell and renewal of existing customers
Customer Orientation/Positive Impact
Results Orientation/Sense of Urgency
Problem Solving and Decision Making
Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelor's degree (BS/BA) from a four-year college or university or related work expereince
Minimum three (3) years proven sales track record in commercial sales
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Knowledge of the organization's products and/or services
Demonstrated consultative selling abilities
Ability to collaborate and influence internal and external shareholders
Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals
Ability to execute prospecting strategies for discovering and closing new accounts
Excellent interpersonal communication skills with internal associates and external customers
Strong leadership skills
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
TruGreen - 23 months ago
TruGreen provides landscape design, installation, and maintenance for office and retail centers, resorts, parks, and housing developments....