Established in 1994, PetSmart Charities, Inc. is an independent, nonprofit organization that's committed to saving the lives of homeless pets. Our vision is a lifelong, loving home for every pet, and our goal is that healthy, adoptable pets are never again euthanized simply because they don't have families to care for them. The largest funder of animal-welfare efforts in North America, PetSmart Charities has provided more than $165 million in grants and programs benefiting animal-welfare organizations and has helped save the lives of more than 5 million pets through its in-store adoption program.
By joining this passionate team of individuals, you will be a leader in an organization that is making a significant difference in the lives of homeless pets.
PetSmart is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce, sustaining an inclusive and supportive work environment, and prohibiting harassment and discrimination in all aspects of employment. PetSmart participates in background, drug and E-Verify screenings as appropriate under Company policies and applicable law.
Key responsibilities for this position includes oversight of systems and databases that support key areas of the organization and provide reporting for decision making. Identify opportunities for process enhancement and application improvements to better meet the needs of the organization. Manage operational and project related activities and report on progress to operational unit or senior management. Ability to define, create and implement new metrics. Consults with a variety of internal and external clients who have a diverse, and possibly conflicting, needs. Provides data support for analysis on project and program evaluations to measure success and future viability. Help strategize, plan and synthesize as well as communicate across various areas of the organization, including cross functional collaboration to drive results.
KEY COMPETENCIES attributed to driving service include, but are not limited to the following:
• Business acumen
• Innovative thought leader
• Business and system analysis
• Requirements analysis management
• Process improvement
• Business Process Modeling and Process Flow Diagramming
• Excellent customer service
• Acts with a sense of urgency
• Holds self and others accountable
• Promotes collaboration
• Demonstrates resourcefulness and plans ahead
• Demonstrates integrity
• Exhibits technical or functional knowledge
• Drives for achievement
• Encourages diversity of thoughts and actions
There are no direct supervisory responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to:
• Perform analysis of processes and data to identify trends, best practices, automation and streamlining opportunities that will enhance performance and drive success
• Oversees data/information management for the benefit of the entire organization, including dashboards and scorecards
• Drives for process improvement, collecting and synthesizing information for recommendations to staff and Executive Management
• Participates in cross functional teams on strategic projects and initiatives
• Coordinates data management projects though the entire life cycle
• Manages vendor relationships for effective information system solutions and liaisons between PCI and related business partners to support the needs of the organization
• Manages operational activities such as systems administration, scheduled and ad-hoc reporting, and modifications to system functions and data collection practices to better align with strategies and goals of the organization
• Administers systems/databases (including troubleshooting issues, field management and data cleanup efforts)
• Develops and delivers documentation for staff training on system processes, procedures, and operational reference as well as lead webinar re-engineering for on-line application/ external client training purposes
• Engages in internal and external audits, ensuring system and process compliance
• Develops processes for financial reconciliation and budget management
• Proven abilities in analytical, database and reporting skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft office suite, including Visio
• Complex problem solving and sound judgment
• Understanding of IRS regulations and guidelines and with regards to public charities
• Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
• Explore data definition, traceability, quality management and other techniques
• Knowledge of SharePoint, Internet and Intranet
• Experience working with hosted/cloud based systems
• Knowledge of technical systems and databases
• Knowledge of GIS and Business Intelligence systems (Microstrategy, Cognos, Business Objects)
• Project Management experience and Understanding of Project Lifecycle
• Project testing/QA experience
• General technical acumen
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university; MBA preferred
3 - 5 years of Business Analysis or Business Systems Analysis experience
3 years+ working in IT or Project Management Office
Minimum of 3 years working in Corporate environment
1-3 years experience working in Public or Non-Profit sector; animal welfare experience preferred
Knowledge of Grants Management, CRM, Donor Management software; experience working with CyberGrants preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Resume | Use Our Resume Builder
Add Job to Cart | Send this job to a friend
Print Job Details
Want to create a job search agent ?
Job Cart Directions
Interested in more than one position? Great! Instead of submitting multiple resumes, when you find a position that interests you, all you need to do is click on ADD JOB TO CART. At the bottom of the screen, you will see the positions you have added to your cart. When you are done searching, click on CHECKOUT & SUBMIT RESUME. If you have changed your mind and want to remove a position, you will be able to on the Resume Submittal Form, or click on CLEAR CART to start over. You are limited to selecting up to 5 jobs per location.
Check out &
PetSmart - 14 months ago
PetSmart, Inc. is a specialty provider of products, services and solutions for the lifetime needs of pets. The Company has identified a...