The employment policy of Associated Banc-Corp, and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Associated”) provides equal opportunity to all persons. We support a diverse and inclusive work environment where colleagues are respected, treated fairly, and given equal opportunities to perform to their fullest potential. We believe it is only with a diverse and inclusive workplace that the organization can truly perform at its best, carry out its vision, and make a difference for the communities we serve.
Works with company owner, presidents, CEO’s, controller, human resources professionals, and executive directors on a daily basis tailoring employee benefit and human resources programs. Spends a significant portion of their time seeking out new business. Builds and maintains relationships with a large network of contacts in order to facilitate new business production. Acts as the quarterback on the service team to meet client expectations and retain clients.
KEY RESULT AREAS
• Business Development
• Cross Sell and Deep Sell
• Prospect Base Development
1. Sources prospects through a variety of means which may include but not limited to cold calling, warm calling, referrals, and partnering with Business Development Representative. Holds introductory interviews with businesses and organizations using AFG’s value added services and Strategic Selling methodology. Pursues prospects in the Sales Funnel and Best Few with a strategy for selling each account. Expected to sell a minimum of $50,000 in two of first four years of employment. Spends at least 50% of time outside of the office on sales and service activities. Time spent on these activities will be more significant while growing book of business.
2. Services existing book of business including being an advocate for clients with insurance carriers, third party administrators, service staff and professional resources. Holds a minimum of 3 face-to-face meetings with clients. Work through their annual renewal by providing alternatives, shopping the market when necessary, etc.
3. On a continuing basis, participates in sales training seminars and product knowledge workshops. Stays current and updates individual knowledge of insurance, finance and human resources by reading industry periodicals.
4. Maintains a solid understanding of all AFG products and continually updates that knowledge.
5. Keeps current with all follow-up activities on prospects and clients. Uses OnContact to track follow up requirements and being sure to use other tools like e-lines and The Update to maintain contact with customers and prospects.
6. Identify needs and refer customers to business partners within and across lines of business who can best meet those needs. Meets Sent Synergy expectations.
7. Completes weekly reports in a timely manner.
Four year college degree or equivalent experience.
0-3 years of sales experience
3-5 years insurance industry sales experience
Special Skill Requirements – Computer Skills/Licensing/Certifications/Bonding
Must either have or obtain within 3 months of hire Life/Health and property/casualty insurance licensure.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
Performs other duties as assigned.
Adherence to Company policy and procedures is required.
Perform duties in accordance with the Vision & Values of Associated Banc-Corp.
Regular attendance is required.
Basic math and reading skills, and attention to detail.
Use of basic office equipment (e.g., photocopier, voice mail, "fax" machine, calculator, multiple line telephones, typewriter, computers etc.).
Represent the organization in a professional and positive manner
Strong computer skills
Desire to grow with the company
Frequent day travel; overnight travel a few times per year. Valid driver’s license required.
330 E Kilbourn Ave
Strong Connections. Clear Direction. Real Opportunities.
AT ASSOCIATED, WE SUCCEED TOGETHER.
We value the diversity...