The Business Intelligence Analyst will be part of the Behavioral Analytics Business Intelligence Group, which provides the data sources and analytical tools used to help our clients derive maximum value from the Behavioral Analytics solution. This position will support the day to day reporting needs of the Business Intelligence group’s clients, including Business Monitoring, Insights, Product Development, Analysis & Testing, and others. Responsibilities include troubleshooting issues that occur with existing report deliverables as well as developing new reports and integrating them into the overall service catalog. This role will require development, testing, and configuration management of all BI deliverables in coordination with Business Analysts and Testers within the organization. Additionally, the Business Intelligence Analyst will be responsible for maintaining any documentation and training materials required to support the various business units the group serves.
The Business Intelligence Analyst will also be responsible for executing tasks related to the administration of MicroStrategy projects, according to practices defined by the Business Intelligence Manager. This includes the installation, maintenance and operation of the MicroStrategy platform. The Business Intelligence Analyst will work proactively with the Business Intelligence Manager to refine and automate these processes over time.
This individual will also support the Data Warehouse Specialist to troubleshoot issues relating to the warehouse, especially as they impact the reporting environment.
To summarize, the Business Intelligence Analyst will be responsible for, but not limited to the following tasks:
1. Develop and maintain MicroStrategy report deliverables
2. Troubleshoot and resolve issues as they arise related to all BI Tools
3. Execute MicroStrategy administration tasks
4. Assist in data modeling and design sessions
5. Proactively maintain documentation and training materials
Because of the data-centric culture and rapid growth of Behavioral Analytics, a rich career path exists for the Business Intelligence Analyst within Mattersight.
• 2–5 years report development experience with Business Intelligence tools (MicroStrategy preferred)
• SQL programming familiarity in large RDBMS systems (T-SQL preferred)
• Good communication skills and experience working with cross-functional teams
• Project experience preparing use cases and user requirements
• Strong understanding of data warehouse design and implementation best practices
• Ability to explain principles of data visualization
• Familiarity with statistical classification and predictive modeling techniques
• Experience working with statistical packages such as SPSS, R, MatLab, SAS
• Exposure to ETL and data integration processes
Mattersight is looking for candidates with at least 2–5 years work experience in a technical role, specifically in a Business Intelligence environment working with BI visualization tools, relational databases, and/or data warehousing systems. Evidence of strong communication skills and the ability to work under pressure. Experience with ETL applications, data modeling/UML software and statistical packages will be helpful.
• Detail Oriented
• Strong Communicator
• Results Oriented
• Task Agility
• Adept Time Manager
• Problem Solver
• Team Player
• Seeker of Excellence
• High Knowledge Bandwidth
Mattersight values diversity amongst its employees. Employees from all levels of experience and backrounds are mingled together and are encouraged to learn about projects others are working on. Mattersight’s Austin office fosters teamwork as well as self motivation.
Eligibility & Location
Mattersight seeks candidates authorized to work in the United States. The Behavioral Analytics Sr. Software Engineer role will be based out of Mattersight’s Austin, Texas location, candidates should anticipate travel
Mattersight is committed to equal opportunity and affirmative action in all employment matters: Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, ancestry, marital or domestic partner status, national origin, disability or medical condition, pregnancy, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or on account of membership or affiliation with anyone in any of the foregoing categories, or any other protected category under federal, state or local law. Although particular legal provisions may differ in various locations in which we do business, our principles are the same worldwide.
Mattersight - 15 months ago