“The Power of One”
Hologic (NASDAQ: HOLX) is a leading developer, manufacturer and supplier of premium diagnostics, medical imaging systems, and surgical products dedicated to serving the healthcare needs of women throughout the world.
Gen-Probe Incorporated is a global leader in the development, manufacture and marketing of molecular diagnostics products and services that are used to diagnose human diseases, screen donated human blood, ensure transplant compatibility, and aid biomedical research.
We are delighted to announce that as of August 1st, 2012. Hologic and Gen-Probe have joined forces to create Hologic’s molecular diagnostics business. Hologic Gen-Probe is dedicated to saving lives through early detection, improved diagnosis and less invasive treatment. Together we are a Company that is ethically, emotionally and financially committed to helping improve lives the world over. By joining forces, we have a rare opportunity to make a greater difference, a responsibility we take very seriously.
“The Power to Shape Your Future”
We are seeking a Business Intelligence Analyst who will be responsible for supporting the information and technical requirements for business analytics.
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Designs and completes the configuration and implementation of the Business Intelligence (BI) reporting systems using QlikView or other reporting tools.
• Provides innovative technical solutions to meet business process reporting requirements by analysis, design and development of technical areas.
• Accountable for development and translation of user requirements into specifications for complex logical data models, source data capture, dictionary design, data integrity, and overall BI reporting design. Working closely with business and technical staff to define solutions.
• Manage data loads from various systems.
• Responsible for identifying and implementing release changes and providing modifications to the BI environments.
• Interacts directly with QlikView, SAP and/or other vendors for technical support as necessary.
• Supports system design and requirements definition activities.
• Acts as technical support for system configuration.
• Performs technical support and document systems in support of validation compliance.
• Coach and train other IS personnel as needed.
• Performs software upgrades and installations, supports testing, and ensures consistency of application.
• Follows defined Change Management / Transport Management procedures
• Understands and supports Security and Authorization management in the BI environment.
• Ensure consistency between development, quality and production environments.
RELATED BUSINESS/TECHNICAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES:
• Exposure to SAP ECC preferred.
• Strong data modeling skills.
• Experience with SQL and relational databases.
• Ability to design and develop data models for reporting and application support.
• Demonstrated ability to design, test and verify delta information loads.
• Project management experience useful.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Typically requires BA or BS and 3+ years related experience
Hologic Gen-Probe offers a dynamic and innovative work environment along with excellent benefits that include sponsored medical/dental/vision benefits, bonus potential, 401(k) w/company match, paid vacation/sick time /holidays, assistance with continuing education, on-site fitness center, and our own Waterfall Café.
We invite you to view our Career Video!
Please apply online by visiting:
Hologic Gen-Probe is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be given consideration regardless of race, sex, age, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, religion, handicap status or veteran status
Gen-Probe Inc. - 17 months ago