Where Creating the Best Hope for a Healthier Future Begins...
In this role, you will apply a user-centered approach to transform raw data into meaningful and useful information which will enable more effective, strategic, tactical, and operational insight and decision-making.
Additional Summary Specific to Job
POSITION KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
1. Analyze and make recommendations for project implementations and maintenance. Must understand the data available in applicable business systems and be able to write queries. Deliver recommendations, improvement plans, as well as training materials.
2. Assist in the development and ongoing reporting of performance metrics and benchmarking, keeping our business leaders and key constituents informed of our progress towards business goals.
3. Manage timely flow of business intelligence information to users by meeting deadlines and being responsive to requests.
4. Provide technical support for existing reports, dashboards or other tools. In addition, maintains excellent documentation of systems and report methodologies. Maintains a library of model documents, templates or other reusable knowledge assets.
5. Communicate with internal customers, suppliers and others to stay abreast of industry or business trends. In addition, use effective communication and problem-solving techniques to facilitate team performance.
6. Conduct quality testing to ensure accuracy of data reported.
7. Serves as a liaison between Management and Technology project teams;. Other duties as needed.
Bachelor's degree in Science, Business or related field required
Three (3)years of system analysis, technical design, development and/or implementation experience. At least one (1) year of experience working with healthcare operations strongly preferred
Experience defining metrics, dimensions and KPI's on Business Intelligence projects;
Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Access;
Strong critical thinking, analytic and problem-solving skills;
Ability to work independently and effectively with prudent; judgment and discretion at all times;
Experience with Cognos, Oracle and SQL database reporting tools;
Experience in working with large volumes of data preferred.
UT Health Science Center at Houston - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard -