We are searching for an innovative Business Intelligence Analyst to join our experienced team in Overland Park, KS. This creative role offers an excellent opportunity to directly impact an innovative function and secure your future with an industry leader. The chosen candidate will research and investigate key business problems through quantitative analyses of utilization and healthcare costs data. Provide management with statistical findings and conclusions in analyzing interpreting trends and root cause analysis. This role will be located at the UHC C&S Kansas health plan and primarily focus on their needs. This would include attending state meetings and aligning on requirements and be pro-active in sharing appropriate information with the State, health systems, physician offices and other external customers. The Business Intelligence Analyst will support short and long term operational/strategic business activities with data and information needs, prescribed in the contract with the state of KS as well as those of the KS health plan senior leadership. Leverage UHC C&S data assets, products and processes to ensure use of UHC BI best practices. Explain data to our leaders, the State and providers as necessary. Use UHC C&S self-service data analytics/reporting tools to perform analysis and partner with the core teams to build new self-service functionality as necessary.
Primary job responsibilities:
- Assesses, interprets, and analyzes customer needs and requirements
- Solves problems and/or conducts analyses
- Provide analytical support and expertise when compiling and reporting information
- Evaluate, interpret and analyze data and/or business process
- Compiling, collating and validating data for contractual reporting from multiple sources and preparing it for state submission
- Evaluate and present information in a manner that will facilitate management's understanding of the results and impact
- Produce, analyze and monitor new, routine and ad hoc reports
- Work with a team in multiple locations
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Healthcare Administration or related field OR HS diploma/GED and 3+ years equivalent healthcare insurance industry experience
- 2+ years of experience in business/finance with analysis and reporting with a solid understanding of healthcare insurance data
- 2+ years of experience gathering and analyzing data
- Advanced level of skill with MS Excel, PowerPoint and Access (i.e. Excel - v-lookup, h-lookups, pivot tables; Access - loading large quantities of data)
- Excellent communication, time/project management, problem solving, organizational, and analytical skills
UnitedHealthcare Community & State is part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system.
- Experience in interpreting and supporting Medicaid state contracts will be a great asset
- Experience in use of business intelligence tools, i.e. MicroStrategy, Cognos, Business Objects, Crystal Reporting, etc.
- Working knowledge of relational databases, database structures and SQL will be an asset
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, i.e. interacting with business customers and other teams within the company
If you're ready to help make health care work better for more people, you can make a historic impact on the future of health care at UnitedHealthcare Community & State.
We contract with states and other government agencies to provide care for over two million individuals. Working with physicians and other care providers, we ensure that our members obtain the care they need with a coordinated approach.
This enables us to break down barriers, which makes health care easier for our customers to manage. That takes a lot of time. It takes a lot of good ideas. Most of all - it takes an entire team of talent. Individuals with the tenacity and the dedication to make things work better for millions of people all over our country.
You can be a part of this team. You can put your skills and talents to work in an effort that is seriously shaping the way health care services are delivered.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
UnitedHealth Group - 17 months ago
When you work to better people’s lives, one of those lives will always be yours.
We have modest goals: Improve the lives of...