PTC is in search of an Information Technology Business Intelligence Business Analyst (BA) who serves as liaison between Information Technology and business units. The BA is responsible for understanding internal PTC business unit customer needs and translating them accurately into a functional/business process requirements that will facilitate a technical design which serves as the blueprint for a scalable reporting solution. The BA also supports on demand requests from the business customers while evangelizing best IT practices.
- Become intimate with current PTC business processes, methodology, data sources for BI, current BI deployment and BI toolset
- Work with IT and business users to achieve an understanding of their data use in order to develop reporting and analysis to meet their needs
- Identify areas of opportunity and create action plan and project scope to address
- Evangelize best practices to ensure IT teams can minimize cost of ownership and dedicate resources to adding value and increasing business productivity
- Develop and maintain repeatable, systemic processes
- Develop a technical consultative relationship with business customers focusing on repeatable processes and scalable solutions
- Analyze and validate business requirements received from the BU.
- Work with business sponsors in creating functional and non-functional requirements
- Communicate proposals, status, technical issues and risks to invested stakeholders
- Provide input into IT roadmap
- 4-5 years of hands on experience in creating functional requirements based on user needs
- Assisting with creating business use case
- Leading users in acceptance testing
- Eliciting requirements and user needs
- Requirements organization
- Translating and simplifying requirements
- Requirements analysis management and communication.
- Working on a global team on one set of code and collateral
- Working with business and technical teams to determine different approaches required to support business solutions
- Managing multiple projects with ability to prioritize activity and promptly raise any blocking issues
- Effectively communicate with both technical and business teams
- Thrive on delivering solutions and capabilities on time while exceeding customer expectations
- Possess the unique ability to bridge the gap between business and technology.
Required Skills and Proficiencies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Differentiating Skills and Proficiencies
- Proven experience with defining and evaluating solutions, vendors, and technologies related to IT Application development and/or IT Infrastructure
- Understanding of industry and vendor direction and trends
- Master’s degree in computer science or business administration
- Oracle BI experience
- AGILE methodology experience
PTC - The Product Development Company - 2 years ago
PTC (Nasdaq: PMTC) enables manufacturers to achieve maximum value from their product strategies with software and services designed to...