Compuware Corporation, the technology performance company, makes technology make a difference by providing software, experts and best practices to ensure technology works well and delivers value. Compuware solutions make the world's most important technologies perform at their best for leading organizations worldwide, including 46 of the top 50 Fortune 500 companies and 12 of the top 20 most visited U.S. web sites.
Position Description & Responsibilities:
Compuware is looking to hire a Business Intelligence Developer / Analyst to analyze complex business problems that will be solved using automated systems. They will provide technical expertise in identifying, evaluating and developing systems and procedures that are cost effective and meet user requirements. They will be configuring system settings and options; planning and executing units, integrating and acceptance testing; and creating specifications for systems to meet business requirements. They will be designing the details of automated systems. May provide consultation to users in the area of automated systems. May lead cross-functional linked teams to address business or systems issues.
- Develop simple reports for ad-hoc analysis
- Develop complex reports, scorecards and dashboards.
- Develop OLAP cubes and views.
- Perform root-cause analysis for any BI-related issue
- Track and produce reports on the macro and micro activities affecting customer’s business
- Perform efficient BI modeling.
- Implement various levels of security like package, data and object security in the metadata model
- Customize the BI-portal/Landing page per customer’s interest.
- Monitor and tune the performance of the reports and consult DBA if needed.
- Perform system integration tests on the reports.
- Collaborate with the Data team to populate the metadata repository.
- Create report detail design documentation review/analysis/modification.
- Schedule reports to run on a monthly, weekly, and daily basis
- Work with the software application vendors (e.g. Cognos, BO etc..) to resolve issues
- The ideal candidate must have expert capabilities across many of the domains of business intelligence and data warehousing
- Knowledgeable in OLAP concepts, use, and technology; must have prior experience developing systems using a relational and multidimensional databases.
- Experience working with data warehouse (Lifecycle) and data marts.
- Thorough understanding and experience working with relational and multi-dimensional data modeling
- Advanced knowledge of SQL and MDX
- OLAP Data Cube design, development and maintenance
- Must have very good interpersonal skills; be able to work well on a cross-functional team environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication, organizational, and planning skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work independently but as a member of a team
- Self-motivated and organized with a well-developed sense of time, projects, and priorities management
- Business subject matter expertise
Compuware - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
Compuware Corporation, the technology performance company, provides software, experts and best practices to ensure technology works well and...