Capgemini, one of the world's foremost providers of consulting, technology and outsourcing services, enables its clients to transform and perform through technologies. Capgemini provides its clients with insights and capabilities that boost their freedom to achieve superior results through a unique way of working - the Collaborative Business Experience - and through a global delivery model called Rightshore®, which aims to offer the right resources in the right location at competitive cost. Present in 40 countries, Capgemini reported 2011 global revenues of EUR 9.7 billion and employs over 120,000 people worldwide.
As a part of the Technology Services Group, the Manager will be responsible for the full systems lifecycle from requirements gathering through implementation of IT solutions. The Manager will work closely with clients and must demonstrate individual functional and professional knowledge to ensure work products and deliverables are of the highest caliber. The Manager will also apply project management expertise to identify, develop and implement techniques to improve engagement productivity, increase efficiencies, mitigate risks, resolve issues and optimize cost savings for clients, and to ensure that all project deliverables are completed on time and within budget by more junior team members. The Manager will also carry a yearly target for managed revenue.
Capgemini US LLC and its U.S. affiliates are EEO/AA employers. Capgemini conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era, special disabled and other covered veteran status. Capgemini is a Drug-Free Workplace employer.
ETL Developer lead
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Required Skills and Experience:
- Design and develop internal business systems/applications, systems interface, databases, reporting, or business intelligence systems, as required, to deliver new systems functionality supporting corporate business objectives.
- Responsible for software testing, database design, architecting, project management, source control, documentation and user training in support of the development team.
- Exercise agile methodology with classic waterfall methods to emphasize an understanding of the full scope of the business requirements.
- Design and develop Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) processes using standard ETL tools to streamline and automate the collection of data from source systems, as well as the production and distribution of both ad-hoc and recurring reports.
- Design and develop Teradata and Oracle Databases for data warehouse, data mart or decision support systems.
- Work with teammates to evaluate reporting requests, assess feasibility, develop prototypes, and implement a production/delivery plan.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert for business processes that are supported by assigned systems/reports.
- Facilitate changes into production through IT via established change management processes, SOX and CPNI.
- Play an active, leading role in shaping and enhancing the overall ETL/Informatica architecture. Identify, recommend and implement process and architecture improvements
- Assist with and validate the design of the solution and the production of all design phase deliverable
- Coordinate with the Quality Assurance team to plan and execute QA testing and resolve of any defects
- Coordinate with deployment and support resources to ensure the solutions gets implemented smoothly into QA and Production environments
- Facilitate the prioritization of projects in consideration of competing business interests
- Plan and schedule resources for multiple increments
- Participate in large-scale initiatives and projects to design new BI solutions.
- Train and assist in the development of new employees.
- 5 years of Teradata and Teradata load utilities experience.
- Good understanding of Teradata parallel architecture and its physical implementation
- 6-7 years of Informatica ETL design and development experience using PowerCenter 8x or 9x.
- Experience designing and developing Oracle and/or SQL Server Databases for data warehouse, data mart or decision support systems.
- Experience performing Relational and Dimensional Data Modeling.
- Good data profiling and data analysis skills.
- Should have good knowledge on Unix shell commands and basic knowledge on scripting (shell and Perl)
- Should have good knowledge on ETL performance tuning
- Experience developing Business Intelligence solutions using Microsoft BI Stack is a plus - SQL Server, SSAS, SSRS, and SSIS.
- Should have basic knowledge on reporting and OLAP.
- Telecom experience a plus
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong executive presence and ability to interact with CxO level
- Mentors team members in technology, architecture and delivery of applications
- Successful teamwork experience and demonstrated leadership abilities are required
- Creates a shared sense of direction and community among the teams
- Proven ability to transfer knowledge and stay aware of current trends and technical advancements
- Ability to articulate and present different points-of-views on various technologies
- Time management skills are a must; as well as the ability to be flexible and creative
- MUST be willing to travel extensively, up to 100%
- College degree in a related area of study, with advanced degree highly preferred
- A strong track record of professional success, preferably in the Consulting Services arena
Capgemini - 22 months ago
Capgemini is a French global IT services company, one of the world's largest management consulting, outsourcing and professional services...