Forest Laboratories, Inc. (FLI)
is an innovative, growth-oriented prescription pharmaceutical company focused on developing top-quality therapies that help people lead healthier, more fulfilling lives. We take pride in meeting our business objectives and expanding our product franchises, but we also derive satisfaction in helping to bring relief to people who are suffering. Our products treat conditions such as depression, anxiety, Alzheimer’s disease, hypertension and fibromyalgia, and we keep a focused eye on the future with a robust pipeline of compounds at virtually every stage of development. With headquarters in New York City and operations in New Jersey, Long Island, Missouri, Ohio, California, Ireland and the U.K, each of Forest’s more than 5,000 employees contributes to our quest to deliver quality products with entrepreneurial spirit, unflagging integrity and deep respect for people and community. Explore your potential to thrive with a career at Forest.
The Marketing and Compliance Business Intelligence Intern acts as the support analyst for the Marketing and Compliance team in the Informatics Business Intelligence Department in Commack, NY. The Intern works closely with end users and other Business Intelligence analysts and consultants to document requirements and assist with the design of Business Intelligence solutions in support of the Marketing and Compliance Business Units. Additionally, the Business Intelligence Intern assists with strategy and design of an expanding Global Business Intelligence framework. The internship is 10 to 12 weeks for 20 hours per week and will offer projects that are significant and challenging. Programming throughout the summer will provide direct exposure to Forest senior management and current issues and trends within the pharmaceutical industry.
Main areas of responsibility:
- Create detailed design documents including Business process flow, As-Is and To-Be data flows, logical data models.
- Assist with support items to successful resolution in a timely manner.
- Manage and prioritize multiple issues to completion.
- Provide clear and concise communication, both written and verbal, to business and technical teams as needed.
- Identify business improvement opportunities through issues encountered.
- Demonstrate initiative, good judgment, attention to detail and problem solving ability.
Minimum Qualifications to be considered for this position:
- Attending accredited 4 year college; must be working towards a bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, or related field.
- 2+ years in Informatics Technology education preferred.
- Exposure to SAP or other ERP systems.
- Business Applications including BMC Remedy, HP (Mercury) Quality Center, and RWD uPerform is a plus.
- Understanding of the System Development Life Cycle.
- Microsoft Office tools: Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint.
- Highly motivated individual, self-starter, continual attention to detail, good judgment and ability to make sound decisions on their own, flexible to changes in work priorities.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
Forest Laboratories, Inc. - 15 months ago
Forest Laboratories doesn't just blend in with the trees. The company develops and manufactures prescription drugs to address a wide...