Business Leader-Global Information Products, Designer (Job Number: 130368)
Location - United States-CA-Foster City
Organization - Product Management
Job - Mktg/Product Development
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa’s innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world’s major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier and helps grow economies.
Behind the Visa brand are our talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
As a Business Leader, this role will be part of a core team driving the development of new products across all of the Global Information Products groups – Risk and Authentication, Loyalty and Business Intelligence, Media and Advertising Solutions, and Decision Sciences.
The ideal candidate will have the following skillset.
- Product Prototyping and Development – The position will involve activities typical of a product development role. Interfaces can include various teams within the Global Information Products groups, marketing, legal, finance/pricing, technology/development, customer service and operations. In this role, the Business Leader will be responsible for:
- Represent the "User Experience, " translate customer requirements into defined specifications
- Work with the internal groups to translate business and marketing goals into the best products for our businesses
- Own the design of the most impactful user interface - related features and participate in the product definition process with the various products groups, GS, and other internal partners
- Develop and maintain design mockups, usage scenarios, prototypes, specifications, navigation maps and other design documents.
- Create and define innovative user interfaces and interaction styles which enable Visa to create best-in-market products and superior user experience
- Ensure that the prototypes being created can be operationalized into full-fledged products at a later point in time
- Develop expert-level knowledge of competitive and complementary products and bring new ideas to the team
- Design think – The position will also involve being able to teach individuals and teams rapid prototyping, best-in-class design think, product innovation and iteration techniques and strategies, and enable the teams longer term to take on more end-to-end ownership of product innovation, development, and commoditization. The position will also involve holding design innovation meetings with key clients to teach them similar practices.
- Bachelor’s degree and formal education in interaction design, product design, or a related field required. MBA or other quantitative advanced degrees or education preferred.
- 12+ years of progressively responsible business and design experience. Experience in card payments industry, corporate banking, consulting, card processing or analytics/data/loyalty preferred.
- High degree of creativity, interaction design and problem solving
- Uncanny drive to design the best user experience in the world
- Strong software design communication skills
- Expertise in visual design and rapid prototyping skills
- Proven track record and a passion for designing compelling, award-winning user interfaces
- Excellent presentation skills and attention to detail
- Team player
- Great portfolio of work and samples of interaction design work
Visa - 19 months ago
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than...