Territory to cover will be Maryland, Delaware and Southern Pennsylvania...
This is a work from home position.
The successful candidate will have a bachelor’s degree and 4-6 years of experience in the insurance industry with experience in marketing underwriting and account management. Successful completion of the MSA Sales curriculum. Strong knowledge of the territory and the region including agency competitor demographics and economic trends. This job requires regular travel 3 – 4 days a week.
This position serves as the lead field contact with ownership for the profitable growth of a large portfolio of existing MSA agencies. Accountabilities include agency management and development to drive assigned agents to achieve their business plans. Maintain and nurture existing agency relationships to ensure a strong, growing, profitable partnership.
Typical responsibilities include:
· Maintain and grow relationships with assigned agents to increase penetration to become a top tier carrier with each agency.
· Possesses a strong knowledge of the territory and the region including agency, competitor, demographics and economic trends.
· Identify and pursue growth opportunities in all agency relationships.
· Implement agency management Best Practices for assigned agents.
· Gather competitive data for rate review.
The successful candidate will possess the following competencies:
• Adaptability - Knowledge of successful approaches tools and techniques for dealing with changes and adapting to a changing environment.
• Business Acumen - Knowledge insight and understanding of business concepts tools and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the companys business.
• Conceptual Thinking - Identify patterns or connections between situations that are not obviously related and to identify key or underlying issues in complex situations. It includes using creative conceptual or inductive reasoning.
• Influencing and Negotiating - Gaining others’ support for ideas proposals projects and solutions; achieving desired business results through effective negotiation.
• Innovation - Improve processes and performance by taking a novel approach to how work is done or problems approached within the organization.
• Project Management - Ability to plan organize monitor and control projects ensuring efficient utilization of technical and administrative resources.
• Relationship Building - Initiates develops maintains and strengthens partnerships with others inside or outside the organization.
• Sales Tasks and Activities - Knowledge of processes tools techniques and theory behind selling the organizations products or services.
• Solutions Development - Knowledge of and ability to work with customers to assess needs and generate appropriate solutions to problems or identified needs.
• P&C Insurance - Knowledge of property and casualty insurance products market segments and marketplace
• Producer Management - Knowledge of practices tools and techniques for maintaining effective relations with agents and brokers.
• Knowledge of Customers - Knowledge of and ability to utilize customer profile and information.
• Territory Management - Knowledge of practices tools and techniques for managing and maximizing business objectives for a geographical area.
• Risk Analysis and Selection - Knowledge of practices tools and techniques for assessing potential exposures and determining whether and with what conditions to offer coverage.
• Knowledge of Underwriting - Knowledge of the full spectrum of activities practices tools and considerations for managing the underwriting process
The Main Street America Group - 22 months ago