Founded in 1979, AMAX ( www.amax.com ) is a trusted leader in Custom Server and Storage Solutions in North America. Headquartered in Fremont, California, AMAX also operates several branch offices throughout North America and worldwide.
AMAX's expertise drives two key divisions that deliver customized computing solutions to a wide range of industries. AMAX's Appliance Manufacturing Division provides efficient and top-of-the-line manufacturing solutions and global logistics to OEM customers; and AMAX's High Performance Computing Division provides innovative and scalable custom server, workstation, server, and cluster products.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
Business Manager/Sales Executive
- Medical plans
- Dental plans
- Vision plans
- 401(k) program with employer match
- Paid time off
- Holidays and sick days
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
The Business Manager/Sales Executive (BMSE) in OEM Appliance Manufacturing is both a sales executive and a project manager. You will be responsible for finding and closing OEM relationships as well as working with OEM customers in the overall management of their appliance project. The position requires excellent sales and communications skills to seek out new opportunities with appropriate ISV’s or companies who may or may not be currently using an appliance model, effectively pitch AMAX manufacturing services and close deals. For ISV’s, the BMSE must be able to understand which companies could benefit from having an appliance and be able to convincingly present the benefits of having an appliance partner. For companies whose product line currently have appliances, the BMSE will determine appropriate value propositions that make sense to use AMAX as a primary or second source.
OEM business management also requires a level of project management capability and the ideal candidate must have qualities such as attention to detail, disciplined organization & planning abilities and a dedication to absolute responsiveness. As the BMSE, an integral part of the sales cycle is the initial evaluation of a customer’s project and needs and working closely with our manufacturing team to design an overall program proposal with clear value proposition. Once a deal is closed, the BMSE will be the primary customer lead and the team captain of the project, working closely with the account manager to ensure the quality and consistency of the product in all aspects of the project—design, manufacturing, logistics, fulfillment, support, and will need to carefully plan and implement areas such as custom design (bezels, chassis, artwork), revision control and supply chain management.
Here’s what you can expect at Amax:
- A comprehensive training program to ensure you get on track, stay on track and secure success
- Competitive base pay with unlimited commissions
- Uncapped residuals that build wealth monthly income
- An opportunity to earn a six figures income.
- Great career growth within a growing organization
- Research/Lead generation/Outbound Calling to find potential OEM projects
- Arrange appointments to present Amax's manufacturing services & turn key solutions
- Understand customer's needs and technical requirements to design a high value prop proposal
- Work side by side with OEM customer from design to prototyping to manufacturing to deployment
- Responsible for the entire sales process from prospecting to close
- Take lead and accountability for account management and all aspects of the manufacturing and product cycle; OEM manufacturing requires extreme detail orientation so no details should be left behind.
- Work closely with the customer in regards to revision control, updates, component end of life scenarios, platform redesigns.
- Be the key communicator between the customer and the manufacturing team.
- BA/BS in Engineering/Business/Communication
- 2+ years of technical sales experience
For immediate consideration, please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Strong capability in both sales/communication and project/program management
- Extremely detail oriented, organized and responsive.
- Experience in Appliance Manufacturing preferred
- Understanding of IT technology and familiarity with ISV’s
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentation)
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, Communication, Business and MBA Preferred.
An Equal Opportunity Employer