Daymon Worldwide is the full-service global retail branding and sourcing partner that works directly with the world's leading retailers and manufacturers to provide customized branding solutions that drive sales and profitable growth across multiple categories and channels. Daymon's expertise includes branding and strategy, insights & measurement, private brand development, global sourcing and shopper marketing. Our employee-owned company, which celebrated its 40th anniversary in 2010, operates across more than 10 channels of trade, in partnerships with 100+ retailers, 4,000+ manufacturers and has 22,000 associates worldwide, with offices in 21 countries on six continents.
The key to our success has been the empowerment of our great people to take risks, lead change and make a “Daymon Difference” in the world of brand building. Our Own Brand Team is currently looking for a Business Development Manager – Dairy which will be responsible for managing categories and achieving budgeted goals for the assigned area of Dairy Products.
Duties, Responsibilities and Expected Contributions
- Achieve budgeted goals for area of accountability
- Support account team in the development of sales plans
- Increase Daymon business connectivity with customers
- Effectively negotiate supplier commission rates to grow category or team revenue
- Perform, coordinate and lead the analysis and development of: marketing plans; product promotions; advertising; in-store displays; merchandising strategies; and inventory forecasting
- Manages assigned categories, performs analysis, and develops and recommends strategy within assigned area of responsibility
- Interprets trends and other sales analysis data to assist Sr. Business Manager
- Performs increasingly complex interactions with suppliers, taking ownership and including rate negotiation
- Collaborates and partners with marketing resources, both internal and external (note: international may have more autonomy to develop their own marketing plans)
- May assist with needs for innovation
- Demonstrates increased innovation and autonomy around marketing, brand management and consumer data analytics; may lead team providing more experience and covering more suppliers
- Performs activities in a consultative manner, influencing and convincing buyers, effectively selling Daymon services
- Ensure execution of the LAMP framework to identify the most critical initiatives and relationships and work with the team to lay out short and long term plans to achieve relationships at the appropriate level for the account or assigned category business unit
- Allocate resources at the account level or within assigned category business unit
- Demonstrate functional expertise in all facets of Private Brand & Branding via on-the-job development, educational and networking opportunities
- Develop strong supplier relationships by obtaining alignment and developing and delivering on mutually established goals.
- Ensuring appropriate amount of support (time & resource allocation) for our top relationships
- Execute new strategic initiatives for the account or the assigned categories
- Elevate the conversation with customer to the strategy level within assigned area of responsibility
- Manage the Daymon value equation with appropriate stakeholders and ensure it is understood and advanced
- Support, provide guidance with customer issues relating to cost/value
- Foster thought leadership within account team
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Private Brand landscape, best practices and where customers currently exist in these arenas
- Owns director-level relationships with assigned customer and suppliers
- Directs, delegates and empowers effectively
- Bachelor’s Degree of Equivalent
- 3 years of related professional work experience
Functional Knowledge and Business Expertise Required
- Master’s Degree
- 5 years of related professional work experience
- Prior Category Management experience with Dairy Products
- Experience in building and nurturing brands; private brand management a plus
- Ability to contribute to setting and achieving budgets
- Good grasp of Product Development, Marketing, Retail, Category Management, and Logistics
- Has increasingly complex interactions, including negotiation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a positive and cooperative attitude that fosters collaboration and teamwork both inside and outside the department.
- Ability to excel in establishing and maintaining working relationships.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Proven in-depth knowledge of category management methods and analytics, fact-based selling, marketing analysis and planning
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities, work independently
- Proven problem-solving skills
Daymon - 21 months ago