Atlassian is looking for a Business Manager to join our world class team. This is a great role for someone who wants to be responsible for defining, leading and executing business strategy for a specific $10m plus, product family of Developer Tools including Stash, Bitbucket, Fisheye, and Crucible. You'll shape packaging, pricing, channel strategy, and M&A, and you'll be contributing to the broader growth and company culture of Atlassian - we want you to be part of the team, not just another employee.
This could be the role for you if:
What You'll Do
- You regularly paint an incredible 10 year vision, but also sweat the details
- You believe teams using software truly advance humanity. You have incredible passion for software
- You can operate cross-functionally, and have equal love for products, marketing, sales and engineering
- You want to be a CEO one day
- Your ability to influence your peers is world renowned
- You love working with people, and they love working with you. People following you from job to job
- You'd love to shape the strategy and product direction of a $100m+ fast growth software company
What You've Done
- Defining the long term vision, and actively leading the organisation to build the product family business.
- Working with the cross functional product leadership team, driving and ensuring consistency in execution of strategy and doing whatever it takes to make sure it gets done right
- Managing the product family: define and execute the business strategy; managing the priorities across multiple components and cross functional teams; ensuring operational excellence and rigorous service evaluation
- Ownership of product family business metrics: accountable for budget, forecast, cost management and profitability of individual products and the product family
- Assess, identify and implement effective channel strategies to expand and scale the product family within the marketplace
- Identification and development of strategic opportunities for new product additions to the family, through merger or acquisition
- Incubation of newly acquired product(s), ensuring effective transition into the product family and own the product post integration
- Identification and implementation of cross product solutions
- Overall approval ownership of new product development and releases, ensuring alignment to the business strategy
Love Going to Work
We live our values and we value our people. You will work in an open-plan office filled with lots of natural light and a customized, ergonomic work station. Our culture is vibrant and unique; our office is open, collaborative and playful. Maybe you'd like to participate in a lunchtime basketball game? Or would you rather head out for some rock climbing? If hunger strikes, head to the kitchen for drinks, fresh fruit, snacks and more. We know that people work harder when they play hard too, so it's your choice how you'll make Atlassian a great place for you to work.
- 8 - 10+ years of product management or technical product management experience required, preferably with software or software development tools
- Strong financial acumen, previous experience of effectively managing budgets, forecast and profitability
- Highly developed use of analytics and business cases to drive decisions.
- An advanced degree, ideally an MBA, with at least 3 years of senior management experience
- Highly developed ability to successfully collaborate and lead diverse cross functional teams, driving desired outcomes.
- Proven ability to successfully deliver products to market
- Experience in market analysis, business case development, product scoping and project planning with development teams, and outbound product marketing and communications
- Technically astute, to effectively define the future business strategy for a product family
In addition to some killer perks, Atlassian offers excellent health benefits for employees and dependents, ample time off, 401(k), life insurance, huge referral bonuses, friendly coworkers, and a clear vision driven by pure intentions.
In 2002, our founders, Scott Farquhar and Mike Cannon-Brookes, set conventional wisdom on its ear by launching a successful enterprise...