The E Commerce Business Manager will provide sales services, on behalf of suppliers, to the customer and support Own Brand business development through the development of new own brand items, execution of corporate Own Brand plans, merchandising and marketing solutions. The individual is accountable for representing all of the Daymon retail customers Own Brands and Suppliers within the retail customers E-Commerce Systems.
This individual is assigned to the Director or E-Commerce and is responsible for achieving private label sales and share growth within the confines of the retail customers E-Commerce systems (such as Peapod). The individual will work with the retail customers Director of E Commerce and interact with various SVP’s. They will be held responsible for executing own brand and procurement strategies throughout the retail customers Infrastructure. Developing category plans, analyzing assortment and trends to measure performance and creating action plans are key elements of the position.
Duties, Responsibilities and Expect ed Contributions
- Build customer and supplier relationships needed to effectively position the business for growth.
- Develop and manage strong working relationships with supplier partners, Own Brands Cross Functional Teams and E Business Teams.
- Develop strategic and tactical plans to deliver against objectives (Fresh and Non Perishables).
- Achieve budgeted sales and revenue targets
- Drive profitable sales through the implementation of effective sales strategies.
- Effectively communicate benefits and product information of our Supplier Partner’s product offerings to the Daymon retail customers merchandising team. (Sell new Own brand items and secure approval for existing items)
- Sell marketing solutions to drive sales performance
- Sell new distribution and maintain distribution of Own Brand SKU`s within the retail customers E-Commerce Infrastructure
- Continually identify new business opportunities for Daymon Worldwide and developing new business leads.
- Work closely with Daymon Director on agreed upon objectives.
- Works well with all levels of retail customers Own Brands, Merchandising and EBusiness teams
- Provide quantitative and qualitative weekly reporting of activities to include results on key initiatives, sales results, opportunities and item distribution.
- Develop strategic and tactical plans to deliver against objectives.
- Achieve sales growth targets
- Maintain relationships with key suppliers for all issues: development, replenishment, product distribution, communication of sales opportunities, promotions etc.
- Be the key contact for resolving issues with Own Brand suppliers.
- Analyze each private label category for development opportunities within the E-Commerce System (new items, merchandising, promotional, SKU rationalization) within retail customers framework.
- Bachelors Degree Required, MBA preferred
- 5+ years in Retail Grocery and/or CPG Industry
- 3+ years sales and marketing experience
- Complete understanding of Category Management and or experience working for Consumer Packaged Goods preferred. Private Label business a plus.
- Ideal candidates will have demonstrated accomplishments in sales, marketing, category management, product development, business management, negotiations, procurement, and merchandising.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Good relationship building skills
- Ability to influence without authority
- Advanced MS Office Skills (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong analytic skills (gathers critical data, translates analysis of an opportunity to sales volume and share growth)
- Strong skills and knowledge of produce and produce merchandising
Daymon Worldwide Trading (DWT) was established in 1986 on the philosophy that a retailer's or wholesaler's product procurement should be...