Well known as a retail industry leader, Daymon Worldwide has evolved from its roots as a Private Brand pioneer into a full-service retail branding and sourcing company with a global presence. Daymon’s portfolio of companies has expertise across a full array of retail services, including Private Brand Development, Strategy & Branding, Sourcing & Logistics, Retail Merchandising and Consumer Experience Marketing. Daymon Worldwide provides its leading-edge services through multiple business units organized under one corporate umbrella. As a company of 22,000 associates operating on six continents, we bring an enterprise-wide window to the world and real-time experience that is surpassed by none.
Reporting to Senior Business Manager, the incumbent is responsible for the overall management of a single account with limited categories and limited team functions or a key category or categories within a larger account in the b rokerage b usiness. As an account lead, he/she has overall responsibility for execution of strategic plans, business plans, budgeting, hiring for the account team.
Responsibilities and Expected Contributions:
· Business/Functional Results
· Achieve budgeted goals for area of accountability
· Support account team in the development of sales plans
· Increase Daymon business connectivity with customers
· Effectively negotiate supplier commission rates to grow category or team revenue
· Perform, coordinate and lead the analysis and development of: marketing plans; product promotions; advertising; in-store displays; merchandising strategies; and inventory forecasting
· Manages assigned categories, performs analysis, and develops and recommends strategy within assigned area of responsibility
· Interprets trends and other sales analysis data to assist Director
· Performs activities in a consultative manner, influencing and convincing buyers, effectively selling Daymon services
· Managing Execution
· Ensure execution of the Large Account Management Process (LAMP) framework to identify the most critical initiatives and relationships and work with the team to lay out short and long term plans to achieve relationships at the appropriate level for the account or assigned category business unit
· Allocate resources at the account level or within assigned category business unit
· Demonstrate functional expertise in all facets of Private Brand & Branding via on-the-job development, educational and networking opportunities
· Develop strong supplier relationships by obtaining alignment and developing and delivering on mutually established goals.
· Strategic Leadership
· Execute new strategic initiatives for the account or the assigned categories
· Elevate the conversation with customer to the strategy level within assigned area of responsibility
· Manage the Daymon value equation with appropriate stakeholders and ensure it is understood and advanced
· Support, provide guidance with customer issues relating to cost/value
· Foster thought leadership within account team
· Demonstrate an understanding of the Private Brand landscape, best practices and where customers currently exist in these arenas
· Managing Relationships
· Owns director-level relationships with assigned customer and suppliers
· Directs, delegates and empowers effectively
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- 3 years of related professional work experience
- Prior experience in a Fresh category including: Meat, Seafood, Produce, Deli and Bakery.
Functional Knowledge and Business Expertise Required
- 5 years of related professional work experience
- Prior Category Management experience
- Experience in building and nurturing brands; private brand management a plus
- Prior experience in multiple Fresh categories including: Meat, Seafood, Produce, Deli, Bakery and Food Service.
- Ability to contribute to setting and achieving budgets
- Good grasp of Product Development, Marketing, Retail, Category Management, and Logistics
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a positive and cooperative attitude that fosters collaboration and teamwork both inside and outside the department.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Proven in-depth knowledge of category management methods and analytics, fact-based selling, marketing analysis and planning
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities, work independently
- Proven problem-solving skills
Daymon - 17 months ago