Responsible for the management of Corporate Partnerships’ billing, invoicing and working with internal resources to assist in the day-to-day management of accounting accuracy of each Partnership. This role also assists in accounting interaction and accounting management and execution of Corporate Partnerships’ Strategy efforts for Harrison College. This will include calling, emailing, face-to-face meetings, conference calls, and other communications and functions that pertain to this role.
1. Manage the overall accounting/finance, invoicing/billing, A/R and A/P functions for Corporate Partnerships’ partners and vendors utilizing MS Dynamics/GP, SFDC, MS Excel and other processes and software tools for complete accuracy and efficiency.
2. Assist in the application and enrollment process for corporate educational learners – partners and/or general audience.
3. Coordinate with internal departments and operating units to ensure Corporate Partnerships’ goals and objectives are achieved.
4. Promote strong and ethical business development practices in all Corporate Partnerships’ positions through motivational leadership and open communication across all Harrison College operating units.
5. Act as the primary accounting/finance point-of-contact between Harrison College and assigned Corporate Partnerships’ accounting/finance contact(s) and related vendors; monitoring daily billing/invoicing (A/R, A/P) activity and Partnerships’ educational plan’s performance.
6. Manage and monitor Corporate Partnerships’ accounting/finance environment (i.e. MS Dynamics/GP, etc.) and data; track and report activity and results and determine and implement necessary improvements as needed.
7. Manage and monitor any future software tools and processes and their data; track and report activity and results; determine and implement necessary improvements as needed and assigned.
8. Conduct and manage research; develop improvements, recommend, and implement revisions for Partnership aggregation and development.
9. Participate and manage scheduled visits to as-needed Partners and Vendors to ensure Corporate Partnerships’ goals and objectives are being executed.
10. Assist and participate in assigned business operation and business development training classes and/or seminars.
11. Supervise direct reports in the Corporate Partnership department.
12. Perform all other duties as assigned by the Regional President-Corporate Partnerships.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
The ability to make things happen by encouraging and channeling the contributions of others; taking a stand on and addressing important issues; acting as a catalyst for change and continuous improvement; developing viable partnerships and networks of people; and interacting with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization.
Professional / Technical Expertise
Having achieved a satisfactory level of professional/technical knowledge and/or skill in position-related areas; keeping up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise.
Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message; presenting ideas effectively (including nonverbal communication and use of visual aids) to individuals or groups when given time to prepare; delivering presentations suited to the characteristics and needs of the audience.
Operating with commitment, effectiveness and integrity; demonstrating capacity for effective action and accomplishment; assuming responsibility/accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks.
Service Orientation/Client Focus
Making customers and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships; taking responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, for purposes of this job description each of the responsibilities, may be amended from time to time, are considered “essential duties.” The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Individual should have prior business development, marketing, and management experience.
Associates or Bachelor's degree preferred, but not required and one to three years of previous work experience and/or exposure into specified industry/ies, previous experience with higher-education desired, a minimum of three years of business operations and accounting/finance experience required. Minimum of three years of business-to-business and customer-facing experience – business operations and/or business development – required.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports (P & L statements, A/R, A/P, invoices, etc.), statements, general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write financial narratives and reports, business correspondence, and procedure and software user manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have demonstrated advanced knowledge of all Microsoft applications, accounting/finance system(s) (MS Dynamics/GP preferred) CRM experience (preferably with SFDC, but other tools is required) and aptitude to successfully navigate other required software tools, in addition to familiarity performing research on the Internet.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. Reasonable and predictable attendance is required.
Harrison College - 12 months ago