WNYC News is looking for sharp, enthusiastic self-starters to join the newsroom as interns working with the Business News Desk . In particular, interns interested in assisting with the weekly segment New Tech City should apply. Intern will be supervised by Business Editor.
- Participate in daily and long-term coverage of business and economic stories for the newsroom and WNYC/NYPR programs.
- Participate in reporting, production, research and writing by reporters, producers and editors, in particular, those assigned to cover business and economic news.
- Assist in pitching stories, booking guests, writing for air and web for various programs and sites.
- Comply with all New York Public Radio and department policies and guidelines.
- This position requires use of a computer, telephone and other office and/or broadcast equipment; ability to communicate effectively through a variety of methods.
- Expected time commitment 1-2 days a week for 4-8 hours each day. Schedule is flexible.
- Junior, Senior or graduate student.
- Basic journalism skills including research, interviewing, writing.
- Enthusiasm, curiosity, flexibility and eagerness to report, as well as being a self-starter.
- Willingness and ability to learn new skills and concepts as necessary, preferred.
- Expected time commitment 1- 3 days a week for 4-8 hours each day. Schedule is flexible.
New York Public Radio - 23 months ago