A Business Objects Analyst/Report Writer is needed for client located near Wilmington, NC.
Client is a global industry leader in process manufacturing. Due to growth and strength of their business, the IT team is adding a Business Objects Analyst/Report Writer to their staff. The BA will handle technical responsibilities for requirements gathering, analysis, design, development, implementation, documentation, training, and support of Business Objects as the department moves to take fractured reports and streamline into a unified reporting system across the organization.
1. Works independently with business stake holders to understand and document their requirements for Business Objects applications.
2. Recommends and implements industry BI standards and best practices. Articulates rationale and justifications for recommendations.
3. Designs robust, flexible, and scalable solutions, writing complex reports in Business Objects (dashboards with different hierarchies behind it) to be able to break down data into concise end business reports.
4. Creates logical and physical data models incorporating solid data warehouse best practices and design principles to meet the reporting and analytic requirements of the business
5. Provides solutions and workarounds to issues and problems that may be present during testing.
6. Creates, maintains, and updates technical requirements documents, design documents, mapping documents, implementation plans, test plans, user acceptance documents, and issues Logs.
7. Train end users on solutions provided. Supports technical team members and business end users in all facets of Business Objects and its solutions.
Salary: $90,000.00 - $110,000.00
1. Bachelors Degree in Information Systems and 7+ years of related experience
2. Extensive knowledge and experience with SAP Business Objects 4.0 BI Platform including Dashboards, Web Intelligence, Explorer, Information Design Tools, and Crystal Reports
3. 5+ years of database design and development. Microsoft SQL Server 2008R2 is preferred
4. Strong in writing complex BO dashboards, functions, stored procedures, views, and ability to perform data analysis.
5. Ability to adapt to change quickly in gathering technical requirements/enhancements, while managing expectations.
6. Proven analytical and problem solving skills
7. Effective communication, time management and organizational skills
8. Ability and willingness to work independently.
To express interest in this position, please Email Resume in MS-Word or .pdf format and attach cover letter with Salary requirements and contact information. Please be sure to reference Job #1849.
THIRD-PARTY and SUB-CONTRACTING AGENCIES NEED NOT APPLY!
NO SPONSORSHIP AVAILABLE!
Net Temps - 17 months ago