The primary purpose of your job position is to direct the overall administrative activities in accordance with current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations, as directed by the Administrator/Executive Director to assure that proper administrative procedures, cost reimbursement principles and payment collections relating to business operations are maintained at all times.
1. Know, understand, incorporate, and demonstrate the Mission, Vision, Values and Guiding Behaviors of Trinity Health and Trinity Senior Living Communities in behaviors, practices, and decisions.
2. Consistently demonstrate (leads by example) Sanctuary Values to all internal and external customers (residents, visitors, volunteers, and associates.) Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, propagating a calm environment throughout the community. Actively participates / intervenes with direct care as needed and as a rolemodel in ongoing Sanctuary Training of personnel.
3. Execute assignments in a culture that is shared and collaborative across all divisions within TSLC.
4. Establish and/or maintain departmental procedures that support the necessary operational functions for the Business Office.
5. Maintain department budget, place orders for equipment and supplies as necessary.
6. Determine departmental staffing requirements and assist in the recruitment, interviewing, and selection of personnel for the Community or Department.
7. Monitor department work hours (including vacation and holiday schedules), personnel (if applicable), work assignments, etc., to ensure proper workflow and adequate staffing levels in compliance with state minimum regulations and sanctuary budgeted PPD hours.
8. Evaluate, develop, mentor, coach, counsel and discipline department staff. Supports community personnel from other departments through coaching and mentoring to help achieve optimum standard of excellence. Addresses an issues of concern through courageous conversation and notifies department manager of any interactions requiring attention.
9. Participate in community surveys and when necessary develop a plan of correction for department deficiencies.
10. Interpret the community’s policies and procedures to personnel, residents, family members, visitors, etc.
11. Keeps abreast of current/new reimbursements affecting the community. Notifies Administrator/Executive Director of any direct impacts on the community.
12. Actively participates in process improvement committees to promote Best Practice environment.
13. Responsible in conjunction with the Administrator/Executive Director with maintenance of files on contracts with vendors, physician services etc.
14. Assume the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability of directing the administrative programs and activities of the community, ensuring that administrative personnel follow established policies and procedures.
15. Assist in organizing and standardizing the methods in which work will be accomplished to ensure efficient operation of the department.
16. Prepares confidential reports, statistical and financial data as needed.
17. Maintains a file for current residents with pertinent information, including room number, admission date, admission number and family contact. Files all paperwork and past Medicaid cards for current and past residents.
18. Maintains a log of funds received from social security and pension checks sent to the community. Maintains a copy of validation of these deposits and forwards a copy to the Home office.
19. Responsible for accounts receivable and collection activities in accordance with company policy, standards and practices.
20. Provides information to resident/families as necessary, or refers to the appropriate department or agency.
21. Follow established resident fund accounting procedures; providing each resident with a quarterly accounting statement of his/her funds managed.
22. Make written and oral reports concerning accounting functions, implementing changes as necessary.
23. Maintain insurance programs concerning liability and completes insurance certifications and re-certifications for managed care residents as needed.
24. Establish discharge procedures, maintenance of records, release of information, etc. in accordance with established policy & procedures.
25. Develop and maintain a good working rapport with interdepartmental personnel as well as other department personnel to ensure that administrative services are performed to meet the needs of the community.
26. Participate in community surveys and when necessary develop a plan of correction for department deficiencies.
27. Must function independently, make independent decisions, demonstrate flexibility, personal integrity and ability to work effectively with residents and personnel.
28. Report occupational exposures to blood, body fluids, infectious materials, and hazardous chemicals in accordance with the community policies and procedures.
29. Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State, and local laws and regulations, TSLC Corporate
Integrity Program, Code of Ethics, as well as other policies and procedures in order to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical and professional behavior.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent. Associate degree preferred.
2. Must have knowledge of insurance procedures contracts, etc., covering business transactions. Medicare/Medicaid billing knowledge preferred.
3. Previous experience working in long-term care or with the geriatric population preferred
4. Supervisory experience preferred.
5. Must lead by example and possess superior customer service skills and professionalism
6. Flexibility to adapt to ongoing change and work in a fast-paced, customer driven environment.
7. Interpersonal skills to drive collaboration, commitment and productivity when working with cross-functional teams, customers and end users.
8. Self-starter, highly motivated with high energy level.
9. Demonstrates superior written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
10. Comprehensive to expert proficiency with Microsoft product suite (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.); basic knowledge and experience with electronic mail and calendaring system in PC LAN environment. Ability to type with speed and accuracy.
11. Possesses a high degree of personal accountability, responsibility and independent decision making abilities with the skills to plan, organize, develop, implement and interpret programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures of the organization.
12. Position requires minimal travel (less than 10%) within the Community’s geographic region and to home office in Livonia, MI.
- 23 months ago - save job