.80 FTE (30 hours per week)
Lakeside School, an independent coeducational day school located in North Seattle, is currently recruiting for a Receptionist/Accounting Assistant to join our business office team.
The primary duties of the Business Office Receptionist/Accounting Assistant is to provide front office support to the Lakeside School business office and administrative support to the CFO. Other duties include providing accounting assistance to the Controller as needed. Specific responsibilities include:
Requirements and Qualifications
- Answer incoming calls for the business office.
- Gather, open and distribute Business Office mail. Ensure outgoing mail goes out on a daily basis.
- Manage petty cash.
- Process in-coming and out-going checks.
- Assist with PCR contracts and password resets.
- Manage employee bus/bike commuter benefit.
- Ensure business office follows records retention policy.
- Provide information for annual audit as requested (lease documents etc).
- Code recurring business office expenses
- Order office supplies. Troubleshoot business office equipment issues.
- Administrative support to CFO including daily calendar, correspondence, filing, and other assigned duties.
- Assist Controller with accounts payable, bank reconciliation, filing, documenting procedures and other accounting duties as assigned.
- Complete student accident claim forms.
- Facilitate shredding of confidential documents on campus.
- Manage ORCA card inventory.
- Prepare and manage employee and student ID cards.
Compensation and Benefits
- College degree or five years’ experience in the field of work.
- Excellent organization and customer service skills.
- Ability to problem solve with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to self-motivate, carry out projects independently and work as a team when needed.
- Excellent skills in Outlook and Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of Sage Fund Accounting software, FileMaker Pro and PCR billing system preferred
- Physical requirements of the position include sitting, standing, walking to other parts of the Upper School and walking to the Middle School campus 2-3 blocks away. Lifting up to 30 lbs required at times.
- Candidates must satisfactorily complete a nationwide criminal background check.
Lakeside School is committed to attracting and retaining outstanding faculty candidates who will add to the racial, cultural and gender diversity of our school community. We provide a competitive compensation package which includes, but is not limited to, a monthly salary, excellent health and welfare benefits, and school-provided lunches.
Lakeside School was founded in 1919, and currently enrolls 793 students in grades 5 through 12 from diverse ethnic, racial, religious, and economic backgrounds.
The School’s Mission and the shared commitment of all Lakeside employees is to develop in intellectually capable young people the creative minds, healthy bodies, and ethical spirits needed to contribute wisdom, compassion, and leadership to a global society. We provide a rigorous, dynamic academic program through which effective educators lead students to take responsibility for learning. We are committed to sustaining a school in which individuals representing diverse cultures and experiences instruct one another in the meaning and value of community and in the joy and importance of lifelong learning.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume via the online application located on Lakeside’s website ( www.lakesideschool.org ). From the home page choose About Us / Employment / View and Apply For Available Jobs.
Lakeside School is an Equal Opportunity Employer seeking to diversify its workplace.
Lakeside School - 17 months ago