Business Planning Manager / Sales Data Scientist
· Develops recommendation from complex data and business analyses and formulates them into business plans.
· Drives the construction of highly innovative statistical and financial models to analyze new aspects of business performance.
· Establishes the metrics required to measure business performance, and recommends the go-forward strategy to address performance gaps.
· Leads highly complex, timesensitive market research projects and identifies compelling trends and opportunities for business leaders.
· Staffs and manages crossfunctional teams across the entire span of business planning activities.
· Drives all aspects of priority projects and makes final team decisions.
· Develop business plans and proactively identify new opportunities as partners with client business leaders.
· Develops and drives comprehensive business plan recommendations, based on analysis, emerging trends, and experience.
· Identifies or develops cuttingedge analytical tools, models, and methods for making key business decisions.
· Counsels business leaders, recommends approaches for executing high-level strategies and develops creative solutions
· Leads efforts to develop innovative business models and analyses to support multiple, large projects.
· Manages proactive business planning activities and priority projects.
· Decision-making implications extend to multiple functions and/or businesses, and impact the business directly.
Education and Experience Required
Typically 10+ years total experience in strategy, planning, operations, finance, or related functional area.
Advanced university degree required (e.g., MBA) or demonstrable equivalent experience.
Knowledge and Skills Required
· Extensive knowledge of research methodology for the most challenging business issues.
· Excellent analytical thinking, technical analysis, and data manipulation skills.
· Ability to leverage new analytical techniques to develop creative approaches and insights.
· Extensive knowledge of how to analyze business problems using Excel, Access, statistical analysis, and financial modeling.
· Superior business acumen and technical knowledge within area of responsibility.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including negotiation and influence skills.
· Excellent project management skills, including leading large, cross-functional initiatives that impact the organization.
· Strong relationship management skills, including partnering and consulting.
· Strong leadership skills, including team-building, conflict resolution, and management.
· Ability to lead multiple, large, time sensitive projects or work streams.
· Ability to identify emerging trends from market and industry data, and make clear and compelling business planning recommendations.
HP - 20 months ago
Hewlett-Packard Company, or HP, is an American multinational information technology corporation headquartered in Palo Alto, California, USA...