This position provides objective research, analysis and supporting recommendations regarding tactical and strategic intermodal and automotive market opportunities and initiatives. The selected candidate serves as a subject matter expert on defined strategic issues and initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university required (Business or Economics, Logistics or Supply Chain Management preferred)
- Master’s degree preferred
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in transportation, logistics or railroad industry required
- Possess keyboarding skills and experience with Microsoft Windows, Word, Access PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
The duties listed are representative of the job; however, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties a person may be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or is an essential function of the position.
- Provides financial and strategic analysis of business cases, market opportunities and projects. Assembles the expertise, data and other information to complete analysis.
- Acts as Internal liaison with key company departments to gain support, expertise or information as required. Identifies, secures and manages external sources of data, information and expertise to supplement internal resources.
- Acts as external liaison with consultants, customers, government representatives and other sources of information.
- Creates reports and presentations for assigned tasks
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
The primary subsidiary of Kansas City Southern (KCS), Kansas City Southern Railway (KCSR) transports freight over a network of more than...