Education/Training: A B.S. or B.A. degree in a related field of study preferred, and/or, specialized business lending education and training; obtain and maintain appropriate Bank Product Knowledge Certification.
Skill(s): Proficient reading, writing, grammar and mathematics skills; strong interpersonal, communicative and consultative sales skills; a thorough knowledge of the features and benefits of all bank consumer and small business banking—including deposits, loans and Treasury Management services; a working knowledge of bank operating policies and procedures, which impact small business customers; technical knowledge and proficiency in spreadsheet and financial analysis; visual and auditory skills; valid driver’s license
Experience: A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in financial services, business to business sales or small business banking, normally required.
Responsible for developing, expanding, managing and deepening small business customer relationships by identifying customers’ needs comprehensively and matching their needs with solutions and resources across the various lines of business; Responsible for performing a variety of duties to meet the needs of small business customers; achieving customer service goals as established in the regional market business plans; complying with operating policies and procedures established for the small business function; communicating with appropriate personnel; responding to inquiries or requests for information; maintaining appropriate records and providing assigned reports.
1. Performs a variety of duties to meet the needs of small business customers as follows:
a. Jointly establishes quantitative sales objectives, with assigned supervisor, on an annual basis; this activity to be integrated with the regional market business plans.
b. Sells appropriate consumer and small business products and services including, but not limited to, deposits, loans and Treasury Management. Annual goals will be predicated upon meeting the specific financial objectives of the Company.
c. Solicits new business from present and prospective customers; maintains ongoing business relationships with present customers in order to take advantage of additional cross-sell opportunities, across all lines of business.
d. Serves as a member of the Bank’s sales team, proactively conducts outside sales calls; leading and attending as requested, group sales calls where types of calls will improve the opportunity for new business development across lines of business.
e. Prepares and maintains accurate records of all customer service calls made and meetings held with present and prospective customers.
f. Provides sales information on a timely basis in order that this information may be included as part of customer service and sales performance reports.
g. Monitors individual sales performance versus objectives on a regular basis; discusses performance with appropriate supervisor on a frequent basis.
h. Maintains a thorough knowledge of the features and benefits of all small business banking products and services in order to ascertain customer needs and to sell in conjunction with these needs.
i. Works closely with internal departments offering a variety of products and services to small business customers and prospects to develop an extensive portfolio of new households, as well as deepening the relationship with current client base, by determining and analyzing financial needs.
j. Typically manages a portfolio of up to 100 small business relationships, dependent upon the specific size of relationships. Management to include, but not limited to:
• Maintaining customer contact program
• Gathering financial data
• Assisting in review process
• Maintaining credit quality
k. Works closely with Small Business Credit Unit to obtain requested financial information for underwriting and credit administration purposes. Follow-up research and reporting may be required.
l. Identifies financial credit trends, recommends risk rating changes, and assists in completing credit quality reports.
m. Works closely with the Special Assets department on any credit which needs extra attention.
n. Typically originates business loan relationships between $150,000 to $750,000; Loans below that size to be referred to branch network; Loans above that size to be referred to Commercial Lending. Exceptions to this policy would require senior management approval.
o. Processes partial release requests, upon approval, assuring that loan remains inside of credit policy guidelines.
p. Maintains a working knowledge of bank operating policies and procedures, monitors new developments and assures compliance with appropriate regulations.
q. Assists Community Office Managers with the review of loan documents and settlements.
r. Performs other related duties as assigned.
2. Abides by the current laws and organizational policies and procedures designed and implemented to promote an environment which is free of harassment and other forms of illegal discriminatory behavior in the work place.
3. Cooperates with, participates in, and supports the adherence to all internal policies, procedures, and practices in support of risk management and overall safety and soundness and the Bank’s compliance with all regulatory requirements.
4. Communicates with management and staff personnel in order to integrate goals and activities.
5. Responds to inquiries relating to her/her particular area, or to requests from other bank personnel, customers, etc., within given time frames and within established policy.
6. Maintains appropriate records and provides assigned reports.
1. May attend sales and trade meetings as a bank representative to develop new business and to gain information and leads on new business relationships.
2. May represent the Bank in public relations and related community activities.
3. Performs tasks which are supportive in nature to the essential functions of the job, but which may be altered or re-designed depending upon individual circumstances.
Various outside locations as assigned.
3. PC/Computer keyboard
5. Fax machine
6. Copy machine
Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free