Position: Business Sales Manager
Location: West (San Francisco/Bay Area)
HTC is one of the fastest growing companies in the mobile phone industry and a recognized pioneer in smartphones. Today, HTC continues to build on an already impressive list of innovations and industry firsts.
As the world leader in Windows Phone and Android based handsets and the #2 smartphone maker in the US, HTC is building its market share by creating a widely recognized brand name and bringing a broad portfolio of products to market that are designed to meet the diverse needs of people.
The HTC ONE Series (X,S,V), EVO 3D, HTC Sensation 4G, and HTC ReZound, just to name a few, have been received with widespread acclaim and only hint at what the future holds for HTC.
Due to rapid growth, demand, and innovation, HTC is expanding their enterprise organization to continue to meet the challenge of being a trusted partner to enterprise customers. The ideal Business Sales Manager possesses business, sales, and technical knowledge that directly relates to supporting and consulting customers in the wireless industry. This knowledge includes but is not limited to wireless technology, mobile operating systems, mobile solutions for businesses, software development fundamentals, business process acumen, and technical sales consultation. The Business Sales Manager should have a solid understanding of sales and integration of wireless devices into corporate network environments from server-based email to Line of Business systems. HTC Business Sales Manager will be assigned to supporting the US-based mobile operators and the field sales efforts to business customers.
- Independent account manager responsible for enterprise sales enablement, networking and building relationships within an assigned region and operator
- Primary interface in the field interfacing with operator business sales teams, business customers and solution providers
- Quota based position to evangelize HTC products at the enterprise level
- Build and maintain relationships with mobile operator field sales teams toward development of sales opportunities in the assigned region.
- Evangelize, educate and provide sales support to business customers to drive adoption of HTC devices
- As Account Manager, own and drive a volume target, based on continual activity and ongoing engagements with sales channels and business customers. Act as technical representation for HTC in trainings, customer-facing meetings, trade shows, industry events, and carrier sponsored events / meetings.
- Act as point person in creation, presentation and maintenance of content specific to enterprise sales efforts
- Continually enhance individual skills, certifications, and abilities including product knowledge, core technology, advanced technologies support, competitive knowledge, sales skills development, business knowledge, industry standards and productivity skills
- BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in wireless, or mobility software development, or IT Sales or Engineering experience preferred
- Experience working in an account management role selling into the carriers
- Develop and call on new accounts leads and opportunities from group and self-generated lead campaigns
- Strong working understanding of capabilities in one or more of the following mobile operating systems – Android, Microsoft Windows Mobile / Phone, Blackberry, iPhone
- Strongly prefer knowledge and/or direct experience of enterprise mobile solutions preferred including line-of-business, security, or DM solutions.
- Cellular / wireless network technology understanding to include: GSM, CDMA, HSPA+, LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and Wi-Max
- Familiarity of network protocols including TCP/IP, HTTP(S) SMTP, POP3 / IMAP4, etc.
- Potential 50% travel required
- Industry technical certification a plus (CCNA, MCSx, CISSP, or equivalent)
- Ability to lead discussions on with technical and business leaders toward advancing sales and removing barriers to progress of adoption.
- Able to explain and define complex technologies within a business setting
- Must possess a high level of skill in all areas of communication, relationship building, organization, presentation delivery, and time management
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office product suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; must communicate clearly
- Confident customer appearance
- Good interpersonal skills; self-starter and collaborative team player
Equal Opportunity Employer
HTC - 20 months ago