Job Category: Services & Consulting
Location: , , US
Job ID: 839977-113650
Division: Services & Support
Do you want to help Microsoft land the largest, most complex deals for Private Cloud? Are you excited about an opportunity to be part of the team at the leading edge of driving Microsoft’s Private Cloud story globally? Are you a strong Architect with the ability to sell the business value of our solutions to customer executives, and who has infrastructure, systems management, and datacenter experience, with a passion for delighting customers and partners and a strong desire to win market share? Do you like coaching others to be successful? If so, the Microsoft Enterprise Services Worldwide Datacenter Center of Excellence team is the right place for you!
The Center of Excellence groups are responsible for developing highly skilled global teams that assist the Microsoft field, business groups and product groups, and partners in the early wins and adoption/implementation of strategic Microsoft growth technologies in the enterprise and service provider space. The Datacenter CoE plays a critical pre-sales role in helping to drive the company’s Private and Hybrid Cloud agenda by accelerating sales, adoption and deployment of datacenter solutions. These solutions are based on Microsoft System Center, Windows Server, Azure IaaS and Virtualization technologies and delivered globally by leveraging a centrally managed, highly skilled agile pool of resources with deep subject matter expertise.
The Datacenter CoE is a key enabler for Microsoft field and partner staff. They lead and assist with the presales, design and delivery of the largest, most complex, and most strategic projects for enterprise customers across the globe. The CoE aligns very closely with the Datacenter Consulting Service Line, Enterprise Product Group Sales and Server and Tools business teams in order to drive the overall datacenter plan for Microsoft.
COE Business Solutions Architect:
The Business Solutions Architect will be the primary field seller-facing representative of the CoE for the time zone that he/she covers. This role requires exceptional business acumen, pre-sales experience and executive level presence.
The role’s primary responsibility will be to assist the Microsoft Enterprise Sales and Services teams in winning large competitive opportunities at the company’s most strategic accounts. In so doing, you will work directly with our largest enterprise customers' business and technical decision makers to convince them of the superior technical capabilities and business value of the Microsoft datacenter platform, as well as our long-term vision and strategy. You will build strong customer relationships and secure the adoption of Microsoft technology.
Develop and accelerate Services/Sales Datacenter pipeline with Enterprise accounts, Services Providers and Hosters
Excellence in execution and well-orchestrated internal Microsoft relationships
- Work directly with Time Zone Lead in managing pipeline and opportunity leads for further development through Datacenter Solutions Architects.
- Build and lead execution of demand generation plans across the time zone
- Working with the Area and Subsidiary Service Executives & Solution Sales Professional communities to identify and agree target customers to focus on for Datacenter solutions
- Help opportunity owner develop win strategy for qualified opportunities
- Participate in strategic meetings with customers and account teams
- Meet with customer business and technical leaders to identify and scope the business opportunities, outline potential value and ROI, and identify risks and constraints. Map customer terminology with Microsoft in terms of people, process, and technology to develop a full end to end solution.
- Build overall strategic vision for the solution and assist the creation of proposals based on solving customer pain points
You will apply advanced analysis skills and experience in principles of solution sales, solution design and deployment to define appropriate customer solutions and develop customer-specific business cases. To be credible you must have up to date experience with implementation of large enterprise datacenters including facilities, infrastructure, management, support, and workloads. You should also have a deep understanding of datacenter operations and general deployment for large enterprise customers, as well as knowledge and practical application of solution sales methodologies and processes.
- Manage personal pipeline of opportunities assisted proactively, and with up to date status information made available to management/stakeholders
- Harvest intellectual property from presales that can be developed into best practices and evidence for reuse
- Develop strong relationships and become an information conduit between Services and Sales management and sellers
- Develop, capture, and publish intellectual capital related to experience and skills. Use internal repositories, Microsoft press and related publications, as well as external trade publications as vehicles for communication.
- Mentor and develop capability of Sales/Services presales resources
- Develop processes and best practices for providing effective proposals and bids
The role requires an individual who is results-focused, proactive, collaborative, confident under pressure, and has demonstrated skill in both solution sales and expectation management. Strong leadership skills, excellent communication, and time management; planning, negotiation skills and presentation skills are essential.
You will have experience in demand generation, competitive market penetration, and development of business strategy. You must have experience selling and delivering consulting engagements, managing customer expectations and possess an exceptional command of datacenter technologies.
To be a successful candidate for this role, you will need to have:
If you find this opportunity to be compelling and can demonstrate your ability to excel as the Datacenter CoE Business Solution Architect we would like to explore the possibilities with you!
- An advanced degree or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 10 years in consulting/SI environments in the datacenter space; an exceptional command of datacenter technologies
- A mix of advanced Microsoft technology and strategic business acumen, who can engage with Fortune 500 customers at BDM executive and TDM influencer levels.
- Proven experience of driving complex competitive solution presales, in a matrix environment, leading to successful opportunity closure is a must.
- Demonstrated ability to engage in senior level business decision maker discussions related to business value, return on investment, and creation of new business models whilst being able to dive into datacenter architecture, design and operations is a core requirement.
- Both broad and deep technology knowledge and the ability to architect solutions by mapping common customer business problems to end-to-end technology solutions. Technical qualifications include hands-on experience in several of the following: 3rd party virtualization, storage, networking, systems management, datacenter operations and processes, support engineering, disaster recovery and business continuance, application architecture and design, Windows platform design and implementation, System Center management and Azure IaaS.
- Proven experience in presales and delivery of solutions in an industry vertical context, ideally one or more of the following: Telco, Hoster, SI, Retail, Oil & Gas, Financial Services or Public Sector.
- An in-depth knowledge of the sales motions that lead to successful deal pursuits combined with a demonstrated track record of securing large consulting deals is vital.
- The ability to deliver readiness training to sales and technical audiences, as well as speaking as a subject matter expert at industry conferences.
- Proven ability to be results-focused, proactive, collaborative, and confident under pressure
Microsoft - 20 months ago
Microsoft Corporation develops, manufactures, licenses and supports a range of software products for computing devices. The Company's...