Significant involvement in strategy development for one or more lines of business which will inform the growth and market planning essential to Kaiser Permanenete's revenue, membership and margin goals. Strategy Consultants provide strategic-thinking, analytical skills and leadership skills that enable project teams to: 1) evaluate business issues; 2) design and execute analytics for studying business issues (market research, scenario planning, forecasting, market share, profitability, etc); 3) bring technical/content expertise (competitive intelligence, financial analysis, market strategy, data analysis, etc.); 4) vet findings and make formal recommendations to senior levels of KP leadership; 5) create documents for variety of audiences (e.g., line of business strategy, strategy evaluation, pricing strategy).
- Helps lead 1-2 major market strategy teams concurrently.
- Proactively identifies key business line issues.
- Manages multiple complex market strategy/business line issues.
- Establishes accountabilities within business line strategy groups and facilitates decision making.
- Leads development of recommendations that determine course of further work and/or organizational change for marketing strategy.
- Serves as subject matter/technical expert to Analysts and Market Strategy & Analysis Consultants.
- Responsibilities impact the achievement rate-setting, membership and margin objectives that have direct and significant business impact.
- Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve objectives could impact rate-setting, membership and/or market strategy goals.
- Involves a high degree of interpretation and analysis of complex and sometimes inconclusive data.
- Exercises considerable judgment to make decisions for less defined and complex issues.
- Requires complex decision-making.
INTERACTIONS / COMMUNICATIONS
- Develops solutions to a diverse range of complex market strategy problems, which require creativity and innovation within broadly defined policies and practices.
- Requires in-depth analysis to identify and recommend new solutions for more complex problems.
- Provides professional/technical guidance on membership, rates, financial and competitive data to team members.
- Influences others to buy into new concepts and methodologies.
- Engages in matters requiring coordination across functional lines.
MANAGEMENT OF STAFF
- Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignment.
- Work is evaluated at key milestones to ensure objectives and performance requirements have been met.
- Provides on-going coaching, enabling team members to develop and improve skills and capabilities that support the effectiveness of the department and/or function.
- Serves as a technical/professional mentor to team members.
- Provides performance input and recommendations to management for development/training plans and/or performance reviews.
- May have supervisory responsibilities on a project basis
• Minimum: Four (4) + years of related experience OR master's degree and one (1) + years of experience
• Strong understanding of market strategy tools/methods and financial/economic and competitive data.
• Skilled in MS PowerPoint, Excel and Access/other databases (preferred).
At least five (5) years of related experience and Master's degree strongly preferred (e.g., MBA, Economics)
Bachelor's (e.g. Business, Economics, Statistics, Sciences)
America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals and 611...