Suits Optional... ...
Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Role-Playing Games has an exciting opportunity for a temporary BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYST to join our team. Only local candidates need apply. There is no relocation assistance for this position.
Launched in 2002, Magic: The Gathering Online is the official online edition of the world’s most popular trading card game. Magic Online allows players to collect and trade virtual cards, build the perfect deck and find opponents at all skill levels – all from the comfort of their own homes. For more information on Wizards of the Coast and Magic: The Gathering Online, visit www.wizards.com.
We offer competitive salaries, a great benefits package, and the excitement of working in a creative organization. But the best part of working here is that we think creating products that bring hours of enjoyment to millions around the globe is an inherently cool way to earn a living.
Gather and define requirements from technology product development teams and business partners to define technology needs and solutions to deliver required documentation and improve existing business processes (automation, workflow, system changes) and use technology to enable the organization to meet goals.
Software developers, QA Team, Project Managers, Business Systems & Software Development Management
Other Key Relationships:
- Architecture & Systems Design Team, Platform Services and Enterprise Applications Team, Customer Engagement Solutions team, Technology Analysis & Planning team, Technology Product Development teams (QA, Dev), TS Operations SMEs, Producers and Project Managers
- Business teams, technology teams, production teams
- Business sponsors, other analysts and technical writers
Essential Functions / Major Responsibilities:
- Develops relationships with technology product development and business teams to gain deep knowledge of production pipeline, workflows, systems, and business applications. (15%)
- Elicits technical requirements from stakeholders, analyzes and documents them in requirements documentation, and creates use cases and functional specifications. In this role, the analyst may also interact with the development and quality assurance teams. (20%)
- Identifies and creates needed technology-focused documentation, partnering to create functional specifications and system design specifications for customer engagements. (15%)
- Leads requirements gathering efforts using common enterprise-wide requirements definition and management systems and methodologies. (10%)
- Develops “As-Is” and “To-Be models” to help determine process efficiency areas. (5%)
- Communicates effectively with technology product development and business teams to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions. (5%)
- Identifies, evaluates, and communicates the impact that application or infrastructure changes may have on a project. (5%)
- Evaluates information gathered from multiple teams and sources, reconciles conflicts, and drives prioritization of requests prior to implementing solutions. (5%)
- Trains others in technology areas through both formal and informal training programs. (5%)
- Communicates and collaborates with internal and external teams and consumers to analyze information needs and functional requirements to ensure the appropriate deliverables. (5%)
- Aligns needs of business teams identified from producers and product owners with the capabilities delivered by technology, acting as a “translator” between the groups. (5%)
- Engages with Technology teams to understand the complexity or intricacies of business-requested improvements (analyzing tradeoffs between usability and perceived needs). (5%)
- Identifies technology product development, business process, and operational procedure area strengths and weaknesses and suggests potential solutions and areas of improvement.
- Helps to define technology product development documentation practices and processes.
- Provides input into project management resources and may give input into training and certification budgets.
- BA or BS degree highly desired
- 2-5 years experience as Business Analyst, Software Developer, Business Process Design, or SME in internal business team with technology focus area required
- Ability to effectively communicate across all teams in an organization (Business, Creative, & Technology)
- CBAP Certification desired - (Certified Business Analysis Professional)
- ITIL Foundation V3 Certification desired
Prior Related Experience:
- International projects / teams experience preferred
- Experience aligning retail and digital marketing, and analog and digital play experiences highly desired
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people required.
- Uses excellent verbal and written communication skills to interact professionally with diverse teams including executives, managers, technology teams, and subject matter experts.
- Manages team expectations and innovative change processes effectively while managing multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Easily identifies technology issues and risks and helps define potential mitigation and proper escalation paths to raise awareness.
- Exhibits confidence and an extensive knowledge of emerging industry technology best practices when solving business problems.
- Possesses understanding in the areas of related business systems (application programming, database and system design).
- Understands how legacy and web-based systems interface with each other.
Time Expected to Reach Full Performance Level in Position:
- This is a complex position that takes up to six months to master.
- Office environment, able to work on computer or phone for long periods of time.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook , follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn .
J2W Posting Code:
Wizards of the Coast
Wizards of the Coast has built a house of cards. The company, a unit of toy behemoth Hasbro, is best known for trading card game Magic: The...