The Business Systems Analyst II - CBS is responsible for providing analysis and second-tier support for the business areas assigned to them. The position involves, but is not limited to, the analysis, design and estimation of medium to large-scale projects, product support, and coordination with team members on project development. This position involves moderate coordination with other departments, business partners, and outside vendors in order to provide customer support. |
- Gather customer requirements to provide innovative solutions and recommend system, product and process enhancements.
- Provide applications second-tier support for systems issue resolution.
- Implement business software and provide systems administration set-up and configuration.
- Coordinate with program development teams on software interfaces used by supported business applications.
- Work closely with internal business units to facilitate project completion.
- Provide documentation of business rules, functional specifications, and process interpretation for assigned applications, systems, and business solutions.
- Perform project planning, coordination and management on multiple projects.
- Interface with software vendors and suppliers in support of business application software packages.
- Communicate with managers and business partners on business systems and project statuses.
- Design and create production and ad hoc reports.
- Provide direction to and mentor entry-level analysts.
OTHER IMPORTANT DUTIES
· Maintain system and functional awareness and competence.
· Assist Quality Assurance and business partners during the testing phases of projects as needed.
· Perform Unit Testing on Maintenance Items and Production Break Fixes.
· Assist with systems implementations and the evaluation of the results. Serve as contact to relationships outside of the Company as appropriate. Perform special projects and other related duties as assigned/required.
Reports to: BSA Manager/AVP/VP ITS Software Solutions
Direct Reports: None
- Thorough understanding of Personal Computer and Information Systems operations.
- Working knowledge of respective business support area.
- Ability to interpret and/or write system documentation and programming specifications.
- Good analytical, organizational, problem solving and follow-up skills with the ability to meet time sensitive deadlines.
- Capable of relating business issues to the ITS staff in an effort to achieve the necessary resolution of issues.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to read and understand system manuals and documentation pertaining to the operations of computer and software applications and equipment.
- Ability to make sound decisions and exercise good judgment.
- Ability to give directions to and mentor entry-level analysts.
- Promote a cooperative and productive team environment.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to manage business and technology relationships with internal and external clients.
- Proficiency with Oracle E-Business Suites 11i or R12 supporting financial modules.
- Bachelor's degree in computer studies or high school degree plus equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 2-3 years support experience in an IT environment and respective business area in analyzing and implementing applications systems.
Normal office environment. Subject to stressful situations as they relate to deadlines and dealing with business partners, other departments, and outside vendors. Some travel to company and vendor sites is required.
GM Financial - 20 months ago