The TIAA- CREF mission is to meet the financial service needs of the non-profit community. The Advice and Product Solutions Business is a growth business within the larger Individual Business which focuses on the holistic financial needs of the individual investor throughout all life stages. To support this goal, the Business Unit Finance Manager is responsible for the execution and enhancement of analytical and business decision support functions which enable business managers to understand the economic drivers in their business and adjust tactical initiatives and resources to meet long term financial and operational goals. Primary focus includes collaboration with Individual Business CFO and the Line of Business to analyze the profitability of the products and services offered across multiple dimensions including distribution channel and client segment; create business cases to improve the operating model, develop and monitor three year business plans. The position is a self-contributor which collaborates in a matrix structure of the Business Finance Officer (BFO) group. The position will partner with a team dedicated with the primary responsibility to execute Controllership responsibilities, which allow the primary focus of the Business Unit Finance Manager to be analytical support of strategic financial and operating targets.
The Advice and Product Solutions business includes:
Managed Accounts Product Development, Management and Administration
Development of Advice and Investment Planning tools for Advisors and clients
Portfolio Management and Investment Strategy for Individual Product Solutions
The business is also an essential partner to other business units within the Individual Business which includes IRA & Brokerage, Educational Savings (529 business), Individual Trust, and Banking
The Finance Manager is actively engaged in
· Collaboration on multi-dimensional views on profitability
· Analyzing and maintaining activity based expense allocations; a critical element to understanding which activities drive profitability
· Developing operating budget and three year business plan
· Collaboration with Distribution and Sales on development of Net Flow Goals
· Analyzing operating structure to identify efficiencies
· Monthly Operating Reviews with Business Management
· Periodic Analysis and Reporting to Executive Management Team and Board
To be successful in the role the Manager must demonstrate the following:
· Proactive approach
· Inquisitive nature
· Superior analytical skills
· Strong financial acumen
· Builds effective relationships with business partners
· Communicates complex ideas concisely
· Strikes appropriate balance as a Finance Partner – being an independent finance colleague while providing business partners with transparent and holistic analysis
Over 7 years in financial services industry supporting an operating business with focus on multi-dimensional profitability and decision support. Self starter and effective at moving multiple projects forward simultaneously. Degree in Finance or Accounting, MBA preferred.
Previous experience in national or regional financial services business involving investment product solutions, and sales / distribution for individual investors preferred. Product knowledge should include discretionary and non-discretionary individual product solutions (e.g. Brokerage, Separately Managed Accounts, IRAs, and Mutual Funds). Demonstrated results collaborating with business to grow their business in a sustainable operating model.
TIAA-CREF - 18 months ago
TIAA-CREF is a Fortune 100 financial services organization with $481 billion in assets under management (as of 6/30/12). The firm is a...