FPC Raleigh has been engaged to locate a new Manager for a manufacturing company. This location is fast becoming the place to be in the global organization.
The company is looking for a dynamic, growth-oriented person to be a key part of the plant manager’s direct staff and actively manage around 30 cross-functional associates and 3+ salaried associates. Roles of this type go by many titles including Business Unit Manager, Focus Factory Manager, and Value Stream Manager. This is a high-volume, high-mix configure-to-order and ship-from-stock environment. Filling this role is part of a top-grading initiative and is a great opportunity to accelerate your manufacturing operations career.
- BS or BA degree, BSIE/ BSME BS technical degree preferred
- 5+ years experience, 2+ years in Production Management
- High volume, high mix assembly experience in a consumer, appliance, or automotive environment where speed to market is a competitive advantage
- Demonstrated successful management of 10+ production associates
- Track record of driving improvement with quantified results
- Growth-oriented employment history
I provide a high level of support, coaching, and advocacy to the candidates I work with. If you are the right candidate, I will get your resume in front of the right people and help you put your best foot forward along every step of the process.
- Warehouse or Distribution Center experience
- Cross-functional experience in areas such as Quality, Materials, Maintenance, and Process/Manufacturing Engineering
- Lean experience (Kanban, SMED, value stream mapping, Kaizen, 5S, etc)
- Experience dealing with big box retailers
- Six Sigma experience (DMAIC, DMADV, DFSS)
In addition to this role, I focus on growth-oriented opportunities in operations, quality, and materials, with most of my clients located in the Southeast, East Coast and Midwest. I take an active approach to recruiting and I especially value having exclusive and long-term relationships with candidates and clients. Candidates with excellent career progression who are looking for a new opportunity in a stimulating, high-growth environment are encouraged to contact me, preferably by email, even if you are not currently active in a search but are considering a move in the next year or two. Engineering degrees with high GPA’s and/or JMO experience are particularly attractive to many of my clients.
If you believe that you are the right candidate for this role or other roles that I may have available now or in the future, send me your resume in Word format for review.