Job Description Conversion
Business Unit Manager – FP&A
Job Number: 653590
Location: Broomfield, CO
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace is a leader in design, development and manufacture of innovative aerospace systems. We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products that enable exciting missions.
Ball Aerospace is known for its contributions in support of space and Earth science, exploration, national security and intelligence programs. We were also a pioneer in the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing imaging systems and spacecraft that helped spawn a new market-driven demand for imagery. Our projects offer some of the most difficult and exciting challenges in aerospace.
We employ approximately 3,000 talented engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff. One of the keys to our success is our people. Our employees take great pride in their contributions to better understanding our planet and protecting the nation.
Position serves as the lead FP&A Business Unit Manager over the National Defense Strategic Business Unit. This individual will ser ve as the senior financial leader for financial analysis for this product line and will be responsible for the development, management, oversight, and reporting key financial metrics, decision support, and financial forecasting.
Position will have supervisory responsibility of up to two analysts and will be responsible for all employee growth, development, and personnel management responsibilities.
- Formulates and manages indirect budgets and providing executive management with wrap rate implications of labor base and indirect budget cost trades.
- Provide timely and accurate forecasts to Executive Management to include sales, profit, bookings, cash flow, and the associated elements of costs associated with direct program performance.
- Consolidates product line financial inputs on a periodic basis to formulate quarterly forecasts and annual Operating and Strategic Plans
- Serve as a liaison to the VP of National Defense with business strategy decisions associated with indirect expenditures and the return on investment associated with new business pursuits. Candidate must have the ability to partner with senior SBU leaders to perform forecast risk assessments on a periodic basis.
- Provides direction to the SBU in determining proper labor charging of activities that are in accordance with Ball Procedures and Processes
- Effective leadership skills including change management, demonstrated ability to build and develop organizational talent, and the ability to operate effectively in a matrix structure.
- Sounds operational decision making skills
- Respond to ad hoc inquiries within requested deadlines
- Ability to handle multiple complex projects and drive to desired results
- Reports to the Director of Financial Planning & Analysis
Position will be responsible for adhering to BATC Financial Planning and Analysis policies and procedures as well as develop new processes to improve the business. A key understanding of program requirements the ability to assess cost, schedule and technical performance impacts of changes to program performance against the operating plan and quarterly forecasts is required.
Proficiency and experience in the following is required: Excel, PowerPoint, and other MS office applications Cost planning, budgeting, control, analysis, and reporting Accounting and Financial Planning Tools/Systems Indirect rates In depth knowledge of processes associated with Government Contracting Strong skills in the following areas are required:
Verbal and written communication Presentations Leadership of personnel Knowledge of Government FAR/DFAR provisions. Aerospace experience and knowledge is highly desired.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS :
Bachelors Degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business Management or related field plus 15 years or more related experience. In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered. Each higher-level degree, i.e. Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance.
Relocation: Relocation for this position is NOT Available