I. BASIC FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
Supervises team responsible for all cost, schedule and technical performance requirements that are levied on the subcontractor or the product family and is required to ensure performance and support of the contract milestones of the system.
II. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Acts as liaison to subcontractor, and briefs management and customer on the status and issues affecting performance or cost
2. Directs multiple phases of the subcontract from initiation of the business case or make/buy decisions through requests for proposal, subcontract management plans, negotiation strategy, and cost accountability.
3. Makes decisions affecting the performance of the subcontractor. Follows milestone objectives and manages performance to committed schedules and contractual specifications.
4. Manages day-to-day delegation of tasks, reviews subcontract folders for compliance to both company policy and federal regulations, programmatic goals and small business objectives. Manages tactical employees. Executes Subcontracts support of LCM activities, Central programmatic POC/guidance, leads proposal support at the programmatic level, leads supplier management process for respective programs, Mentors SCA III and lower level SCAs, Approves timecards for SCAs, Manages Performance Development Reviews (PDRs) for SCAs.
5. Monitors/ensures compliance with contractual and customer requirements.
6. Monitors Subcontractor performance against Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and leads regularly occurring business reviews with strategic and key teammates.
Reviews progress of activities and initiates corrective actions when necessary.
7. Ensures the coordination of purchase material costs inputs required to support proposals.
8. Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
A. Responsibilities for Work of Others
Supervises small team
B. Supervision Received
Assignments are received in task oriented terms. Independent thought process and ingenuity required.
IV. WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
A. Within Company
B. Outside of Company
Customers, subcontractors, suppliers, government agencies, and allied sources.
V. FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
Makes decisions that are cost effective to the company.
Required Education and Experience:
Minimum Qualifications is any of the following:
Master's Degree and 4 year(s) related experience
Bachelor's Degree and 6 year(s) related experience
Associates Degree and 8 year(s) related experience
High School Diploma or GED and 10 year(s) related experience
BAE Systems is a premier global defense, aerospace and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Support Solutions (S2) sector provides a wide range of products and services, including engineering, systems integration, ship repair, and readiness & sustainment for military and commercial customers throughout the product life cycle, anywhere around the world. This sector is headquartered in Washington, D.C. Core capabilities include:
• Expertise as a leading provider of non-nuclear ship repair and overhaul services
• Sustainment services to extend the viability of existing land and maritime platforms at home and in theater, while modernizing to meet evolving threats
• Experienced partner providing seamless, onsite management of military and government customer operations
• High-volume producer of protective and load-carrying gear for military personnel
People are the greatest asset in any Company. BAE Systems is committed to a high performance culture and provides an environment that challenges our employees to be remarkable and obtain their full potential.
We are an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer that understands the value of diversity and its impact on a high performance culture.
BAE Systems is the premier trans-Atlantic defense and aerospace company, delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and...