Customer Service Representative—Construction and Industrial
Border States has a terrific opportunity for an individual looking for employment in Bismarck, North Dakota.
- Actively participates in planning and sale of Border States’ technical products and services, and supports the promotion of agency lines.
- Participates in and advises management on the implementation and success of marketing plans and strategies.
- Consistently provides responsive, quality service to meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Provides input to other sales and marketing staff on customer needs and concerns regarding pricing, products, competition, procedures and market potential.
- Responsible for inputting Total Customer Cost Management (TCCM) cost savings documentation that is relevant to the assigned customer base.
- Evaluates new products and makes recommendations on stock levels for new and existing products. Provides input to the Pricing and Purchasing departments on product evaluations and code descriptions, inventory management, pricing, catalog development and other related functions.
- Performs product updates and new product launches for branches and customers as required.
- Evaluates demonstration equipment and makes suggestions for new products in specified product areas. Ensures existing demos are in functional condition.
- Leads customer and Border States employee training on new and existing technical product lines and applications in specified product or service areas.
- Attends and assists with sales meetings, trade shows and training programs as needed.
- Supports technical, operating, safety and supply chain functions as extended staff and resources.
- Assists field application, standards, questions and answers, and materials inventory management efforts.
- Provides field troubleshooting assistance, training, information and documentation support.
- Conducts product application assessments including total life cycle cost savings, elimination of duplicate items and material consolidation, alternatives to materials, equipment, methods and practices, and regional, industry and national standards for material, equipment, and apparatus.
- Provides direction and leadership to meet and exceed service expectations, growth and profit goals. Steers the development of product applications, systems, technology, methods, ideas and procedures to improve service, reduce cost, grow sales, improve profits, drive efficiencies, automate transactions, improve quality and reduce risk.
Border States has a competitive benefit package including an Employee Stock Ownership Plan. To apply, email your cover letter and resume to Aaron Jahner: firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Minimum of a four-year engineering or technical degree required.
- Prefer the knowledge and technical understanding of electrical utility distribution and transmission systems.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication, reading, and customer service skills are preferred with the ability to effectively plan and organize.
- Ability to read, write and speak English preferred.
- Prefer strong working knowledge of PC for Windows, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint), Internet, email and SAP enterprise resource planning software.
- Excellent customer service skills include being courteous, accurate, responsive and competent.
Border States Electric - 10 months ago
Border States is a 100 percent employee-owned company with headquarters in Fargo, North Dakota, and an extensive network of branch locations...