Business to Business Sales Consultant - North Western Indiana
Join the #1 office products company
Are you competitive and like to be #1? Do you want to work for a company that has a competitive edge and is #1? If you answered yes to these questions, then we have a great opportunity for you to join the business-to-business sales force of one of the world’s most recognized and respected companies — Staples Advantage®. We are the Contract Sales Division of Staples, Inc. and focus on serving mid-sized businesses to large companies. As a Business Consultant, you will show prospects how Staples delivers the right office and facilities product program and services for every area of their organization.
We are currently seeking a motivated, high-energy Business Consultant to focus on new account development in the Merrillville and Hammond area.
In this position the right candidate will…
- Effectively utilize our Staples sales strategy and ensure the company meets revenue and profit objectives through targeted prospecting of small, mid-size and large accounts
- Be responsible for developing a new customer base
- Work with a defined sales quota focusing on initiating relationships with multi-level decision-makers through phone, marketing mailer campaigns, in-person contacts, and presentations
- Have a typical work week consisting of office and field days including face-to-face contact with your prospective new accounts
- High school diploma or GED
- Proven self-starter with energy and motivation to find, develop and close sales
- Must be results oriented and driven by both financial and career opportunities
- Demonstrated strong time management skills
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- College degree
- 1 – 3 years of successful sales experience
- Knowledge of products, pricing, competition and sales objectives
- Ability to succeed in a competitive selling environment
- Knowledge of Customer Relationship Management tool (CRM) beneficial
- Industry knowledge a plus
- Local candidates preferred
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer who values the diversity of our people, products, and services.
There’s a whole lot more to Staples than you probably ever imagined. As the world’s 3rd largest internet retailer and a trusted...