This position will perform complex and technical duties involving the ordering, processing and distribution of electrical materials.
- Ensures the procurement of high quality merchandise, expedient delivery and dependable service at optimum prices.
- Continuously improves the quality of service to both internal and external customers.
- Identifies new product adoption opportunities from manufacturing representatives, or other sellers; assists in negotiating and implementing purchasing agreements.
- Reviews and interprets vendor contracts to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Ensures accurate, complete files are kept regarding consumption, cost, selling price, stock levels and other data.
- Facilitates and drives cost reductions opportunities by utilizing standardization, value analysis and rationalization.
- Researches root cause of inventory discrepancies along with systematic issues resulting in low available inventories and customer service levels.
- Coordinates the compilation of data and the preparation of reports and analyses reflecting progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations or conclusions; recommend changes in methods and procedures to improve procurement systems.
- Recommends and presents solutions based on inventory and demand analysis to increase business efficiency and/or improve business processes as they relate to purchasing and inventory to include conducting inventory reviews with branch management and key personnel.
- Prepares, maintains and presents monthly inventory KPI reporting while monitoring and ensuring branches’ performances meet or exceed expectations.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with senior and field management and vendors.
- Coordinates with salesperson toward the resolution of any purchasing problems.
- Educates and enlightens branches on supply chain best practices, proprietary ordering systems and inventory investment maximizations.
- Participates in management meetings to present overall supply chain metrics, business opportunities and realized savings performances.
- Excellent computer skills and a working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of programs (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Great organizational skills along with excellent oral and written communication skills. Good math abilities and reasoning skills are needed as well.
- Perform technical work related to the reconciliation of accounts; reviews transactions and compare with purchase orders to assure proper payment; contact appropriate vendors and personnel regarding discrepancies or changes; call vendors regarding status of orders as necessary.
- Experience (3 years minimum) in sales or purchasing within the Electrical Utility Industry. Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; and at least three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Good negotiation skills are required.
- Knowledge of electrical products, distribution inventory processes, financial analysis, electrical vendors and products.
- Ability to travel to other branches occasionally.
- Ability to be a team player is a must!
Stuart C. Irby Co. - 14 months ago