Job Title: S trategic Buyer
Pay Type: Salaried, Exempt
Responsible for establishing, coordinating, administering and implementing activities and strategies involved with domestic sourcing and procuring goods and services required for the manufacturing of Endress+Hauser Flowtec instruments.
- Represent Endress+Hauser Flowtec as the primary responsible for sourcing efforts within the American markets.
- Act as secondary resource to all indirect and global sourcing efforts within the American markets.
- Manage and monitor the Request For Quotation (RFQ) process for Domestic sourcing.
- Make recommendations for “preferred vendor” selection.
- Maintain database for approved suppliers.
- Validate data integrity for all suppliers in SAP.
- Support the first article qualification process.
- Manage the supplier Quality Assurance processes as defined by Industrial Engineering and/or Quality Assurance.
- Manage the supplier Total Cost Analysis processes and primary contact/resource for analysis as well as the ToCO Tool.
- Track and resource for market conditions and pricing indexes for all critical raw materials and commodities applicable to Domestic/Global times sourced from the American markets via supplier database.
- Develop and present vendor performance statistics.
- Routine notification of performance results to suppliers, follow-up actions for poor performance issues.
- Serve as the primary to coordinate solutions for Domestic supplier issues beyond the scope of daily business.
- Serve as the primary support of the Material Review Board (MRB) process from a sourcing viewpoint.
- Make recommendation for corrective actions.
- Ongoing review of buying history trends, looking for potential cost reductions. Additional duties may be assigned.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have strong working knowledge of material requirements, planning processes, and concepts.
- Strong negotiating acumenMust have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read and interpret technical procedures, contracts, drawings, and symbols.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
- Demonstrate an engineering aptitude.
- Knowledge and understanding of supply chain management.
- Must be proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word & Access) Must have background in BRP and MRP systems.
Minimum Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) from a four-year college or university and 5-7 years demonstrated Purchasing experience in a manufacturing or production environment and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Approximately 15%, primarily visits to domestic vendors.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential