HME is recruiting for a buyer/planner to procure raw material and finished goods, including custom parts and components to support manufacturing. Strong control of the work process from beginning to end is necessary.
- Purchase raw materials and other operating supplies and/or services in a timely manner to support the manufacturing of finished goods and new product development.
- Coordinate with vendors to obtain information concerning product, negotiated price, ability of vendor to provide product or service and delivery date.
- Demonstrate good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Coordinate purchasing activities with manufacturing, planning and engineering departments to acquire inventory in a cost effective and timely manner
WHO IS HME?
- Minimum 3 years hands-on experience purchasing electronic components.
- Knowledge and experience in Kan Ban and LEAN Manufacturing
- Technical knowledge, ability to read prints, and experience purchasing electronic components, mechanical components, injection molded parts, cables, printed circuit boards, sheet metal, and machined parts.
- International sourcing experience required.
- Experience with NPI procurement and planning required.
- Preferred educational requirement for this position would be an Associates degree or equivalent experience.
- Understanding of purchasing principles including the ability to research, analyze, and negotiate.
- Independent decision maker, but will utilize team consensus or collaboration when appropriate.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite including Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving/decision making skills; ability to make timely, effective, fact-based decisions with confidence.
The Leader in Wireless Communication and Drive-Thru Technologies
HME is an innovative technology company focused on enhancing productivity and customer service. Our groundbreaking products, passion for excellence and commitment to service have earned us the distinction of being market share leaders in the majority of the markets we support. Companies around the world depend on HME for clear, reliable and scalable communication solutions, and robust software solutions.
Our benefits package includes 3 weeks vacation per year, 401K with company match and more. Your benefits begin the first of the month following your start date.
WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO WORK HERE?
We Have Fun
We sure spend a whole lot of our waking hours at work, and we think it’s important to also have fun—so we try to include all sorts of fun activities throughout the year to make our lives a little more enjoyable. Ice cream socials, BBQs, Padre Nights, themed casual days—just to mention a few. And, we even provide convenient on-site services like carwashes and dry-cleaning so you can spend more time with your family and friends when you’re not working.
HME's history of success is built on a culture that prides itself on high standards of performance. Our people share a passion for excellence, balanced by a family environment that values mutual respect. To this end, we believe in maintaining high ethical and moral standards in dealing with employees, customers and suppliers. We employ and develop people who share these core values.
HME's technological leadership results from the breadth and expertise of its engineering staff, and a dedication to ongoing research. Our R&D efforts are truly global, with R&D facilities around the world. Our R&D efforts are focused on the design and integration of communication, wireless and software solutions.
If working on a product from design to development to testing to deployment excites you, you’ve found the right place to work! HME manufactures onsite in Poway and we are able to be flexible and nimble with product design and manufacturability.
Our customer driven culture
At HME, we strive to create an environment that encourages professionalism and excellence in everything we do—for every single employee is essential to our company’s success. We encourage teamwork while empowering employees to be creative and inquisitive in our customer driven culture so that HME continues to become a better place to work. Our family style atmosphere ensures that your outstanding achievements are recognized and rewarded, and that your hard work is appreciated.
Please apply online for immediate consideration.
HM Electronics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
HME - 2 years ago
HM Electronics, Inc. (HME) is a diverse group of companies providing solutions that enhance productivity and customer service in markets...