Pacific Biosciences is seeking a talented, driven, well-rounded and experienced Purchasing Professional in Menlo Park, California. The ideal candidate possesses the skill and drive necessary to assist in the development and implementation of a scalable “world class” materials management strategy for the company. They must also have a passion for Pacific Bioscience’s relevant technology, experience in all aspects of purchasing and supplier management; with strong interpersonal skills for dealing with all levels of the organization.
The qualified candidate has demonstrated the ability to work in a team environment with Research and Development, supplier communication, and procurement of direct and indirect materials.
Responsible for obtaining materials, components, and equipment. Gathers quotations, examines bids, and makes awards. Determines material requirements from engineering and production schedules, and maintains inventory at planned levels. Plans, schedules, and monitors the movement of materials through the production cycle. Evaluates vendor reliability, develops new supply sources where vendors and suppliers are inadequate. Monitors cost, schedule, and scope of assigned subcontracts to assure best quality at best value.
MAJOR JOB FUNCTIONS
• Responsible for procurement of direct and indirect materials for Pacific Biosciences Instrument group, primarily mechanical fabrication and mechanical components.
• Negotiate materials, equipment, and supplies and evaluate vendor quotes and services to determine the most desirable suppliers.
• Manage vendors to achieve and maintain lowest total overall cost, avoidance of price increases, reduced inventory levels, product and service levels that meet or exceed defined quality and service levels.
• Ensure no stock-outs while maintaining minimum inventory levels.
• Maintain delivery status for all open purchase orders and convey information to Engineering.
• Process received orders.
• Participation in ERP project and recommendation of alternatives based on knowledge of best practices.
• Reconcile problem packing lists/invoices.
• Contract negotiation and review.
• Ability to work well under pressure in addition to meeting deadlines in a cross-functional team environment.
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills are crucial.
• Must have strong work ethic.
• Initiative a must
• B.S./B.A. Business
• 4-6 years of experience in Supply Chain or related education.
• Microsoft office
• Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) Certification
• APICS Certification
Pacific Biosciences’ mission is to transform the way humankind acquires, processes and interprets data from living systems through the...