Under the direction of the Director of Supply Chain, with a close working relationship to the Production Manager, schedule and procure a reliable flow of materials and resources to support the production plan. Contribute to the improvement of SAP capabilities in the Purchasing modules to optimize supply chain management and optimize planning.
RESPONSIBIITIES AND DUTIES:
- Procure production (and related) materials while emphasizing best combination of cost, quality and delivery.
- Procure non-production goods and related tooling and equipment
- Develop and maintain a production plan and master schedule for assigned product families, balancing customer demands and production capabilities.
- In association with Customer Service, communicate the plans (and changes as they occur) to suppliers and production personnel (if required).
- Utilize all inputs possible to the planning and procurement process – SAP outputs, intrinsic sales data, field reports from QA and Purchasing, observed supplier performance, production-related data, etc.
- Actively support Lean activities as they apply to scheduling work and materials – look for ways to eliminate waste wherever it occurs in the supply/production chain.
- Optimize inventory to achieve FY targets and improve customer on-time delivery performance.
- Coordinate and schedule other PTI locations.
- Aggressively drive cost reductions and Supply Chain initiatives.
- Negotiate with suppliers the price, quality, delivery, discounts, returns, Kanban/Faxban agreements, etc. in an approved and ethical manner and in compliance with company policy and government regulations.
- Ensure that purchasing activities fully support lean/visual manufacturing concept.
- Maintain efficient communication with inter-departmental personnel.
- Perform other duties as required
- Track and evaluate “premium freight”
- Assist in sourcing/qualifying vendors
- Support MRB decisions
- Computer skills with a high degree of proficiency
- SAP - Business Enterprise System
- MS Word
- MS Excel
- MS Access
- Lotus Notes
- Power Point
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills are esential.
Four Year Degree
5 - 7 years supply chain management and planning optimization in a high volume manufacturing environment
Advanced experience with SAP is critical
Completion of APICS or PMAC certification.
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or Computer Systems
The history of Phillips & Temro dates back to 1920, when James B. Carter opened his manufacturing business in Winnipeg, Canada. Over the...