Rockline Industries, Inc.
Department: Purchasing Reports to: Purchasing Supervisor
POSITION SUMMARY: The Buyer/Planner is responsible for coordinating all aspects of raw material management required to support production. This includes planning & scheduling materials from MRP, managing material availability, troubleshooting material availability problems, determining & eliminating the root cause of problems in the supply chain, communicating material supply issues to internal customers, resolving conflicts as they arise, and placing PO’s with suppliers.
This position will work in close partnership with Sales, Marketing, Operations, Scheduling, Customer Service, and Corporate Logistics, and external partners such as our raw material suppliers in order to develop supply chain strategies and plans that maximize service levels while simultaneously minimizing risk and reducing total inventory & cost throughout the entire supply chain.
The position encompasses the principles of customer service, teamwork, communication, and negotiation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following:
• Plan and schedule material requirements from MRP to support production schedule.
• Drive efficiencies & better utilization of the JDE system.
• Prepare and issue purchase orders and release orders for all raw materials.
• Develop and implement procedural enhancements and improvements which make our planning & ordering processes more efficient & effective.
• Implement processes/programs in place to reduce/minimize obsolete /slow moving raw material inventories.
• Ensure supplier's acknowledgement of purchase orders are consistent with required dates and quantities and maintains the MRP system on a timely basis.
• Expedite and de-expedite raw materials in order to meet production requirements and inventory goals.
• Coordinate communication between Manufacturing, Receiving, and Scheduling regarding potential delivery problems which may affect the finished goods schedule.
• Effectively manage raw materials -
1. Identify and manage obsolete and slow moving inventory.
2. Timely handling of non-conforming and defective raw materials – including discussions with Quality Control personnel, users, suppliers, and others in order to determine the source of the problem and necessary corrective action.
3. Proper handling of item transitions.
4. Maintain raw material shortage notification spreadsheet.
5. Proper set-up/modify of raw material planning parameters.
6. Proper descriptions used in setting up of raw materials.
7. Assists in identifying and resolving inventory errors.
• Work as a team member and cross-functionally with other departments.
• Properly prepare your back-ups when taking time off.
• Timely completion of supplier reviews with valued input.
• Contribute creative ideas in relation to your raw material responsibilities –
1. More effective management of raw materials
2. Cost reduction / Cost savings
3. Improvement of systems and processes
4. Elimination of non-value added tasks
• Take on purchasing projects and commodity responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS REQUIRED
• A bachelor’s degree in Business, Production Management, Industrial Engineering, Finance, Economics, or equivalent.
• At least two year’s experience in manufacturing, production planning, scheduling, materials management or related function. APICS certification would be a plus but is not required.
• Good team player with passion, customer focus, a demonstrated sense of urgency to resolve conflicts as they arise, & the ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong data analysis, problem solving skills, and math skills.
• Must be a self starter, and be able to work independently without close supervision.
• Must be organized and detail-oriented, able to prioritize tasks and work against deadlines.
• The ability to determine root cause with a focus on implementing effective solutions.
• Demonstrated ability to implement continuous improvement processes.
• Able to develop excellent relationships with internal and external customers (suppliers), as well as troubleshoot and manage resources to gain solutions to complex supply problems.
• Excellent written & verbal communication skills & the ability to clearly communicate to all levels of the organization.
• Able to work well with people from a variety of functional areas.
• Capable of making decisions as needed.
• Working knowledge of bill of materials, manufacturing processes, and operations.
• Good negotiating skills are a plus.
• Proficient in MS Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), expert with ERP/MRP/MPS software systems. Experience with JD Edwards & Logility is a plus.
Please send your resume to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rockline Industries, Inc - 23 months ago