The Buyer/Planner is responsible for all purchasing and planning activities relating to manufacturing, inventory control, contract and consultant support, facility supplies, Service operations, etc. The position is responsible for supply chain and planning responsibilities associated with the Supplier Approval process, maintaining Purchasing Files, developing a production plan, forecast administration, and the managing the Vendor Approval list. The position requires interaction with all areas of the business in order to comply with ISO 13485 and FDA guidelines for compliance.
• Input purchase orders into appropriate ERP systems. This includes the purchase of both items for resale and MRO items for use in operations.
• Maintain Purchasing Files and associated documents in order to meet ISO and FDA compliance
• Issue work orders in support of Service Operations
• Maintain Service records for FDA compliance and trending purposes
• Maintain and follow purchasing procedures to conform to ISO standards. This includes thorough analysis of potential suppliers and annual review of existing suppliers reviewing costs, quality, delivery, and other pertinent factors.
• Coordinates & expedites the placement of purchase orders and/or delivery of material.
• Maintain the material database within MRP system for accuracy of pricing and specifications.
• Responsible for supporting manufacturing operations with a sound and accurate purchasing schedule on a regular basis.
• Responsible for initiatives driving results measured by lower material costs, more responsive supplier performance, process and service improvements, and productivity throughout the supply chain.
• Assist with tracking the performance of each operation for the assigned responsibility. Assuring that the activity meets the required due date according to the sales forecasts, work order, forecast, Etc.
• Plans the process for manufacture, fabrication, assembly, components, assemblies, etc.
• Analyzes and interprets manufacturing bills of material, scopes, specifications, etc., to determine accurate content and structure.
• Prepares defined work packages, including detailed instructions, drawings, bills of material, references, inspection requirements, etc., to initiate and control production work.
• Monitors, analyzes & reports performance to schedule of production & production support activities, utilizing ERP reports along with KPI’s or other internal metrics.
• Ensures that all parties are fully cognizant of production status to the predetermined objectives.
• Interfaces w/Quality, Engineering, Customer Service, Management, etc. on a daily basis communicating status and championing issue resolution.
• Coordinates the resolution of discrepancy reports on a timely basis.
• Initiates replacement orders for lost, damaged or discrepant items.
• Resolves problems utilizing acquired knowledge & analytical abilities
• Provide customer service support as necessary to support operations
• Assist with inventory control and physical inventories as necessary
• Assist with various manufacturing activities as necessary
• Support R & D with development projects
• Work closely with Quality Dept personnel in order to ensure regulatory compliance
• B.S. Degree in Business, Supply Chain
• 5-10 years of relevant experience in a manufacturing environment with a proven track record of supply chain improvements.
• APICS certification is a plus.
• Proven experience in high pace medical manufacturing environment is a plus.
• Excellent team communication, human relations, and organizational skills.
• Excellent time management, written and verbal communications skills.
• Ability to rapidly learn new systems and procedures.
• Direct ERP experience in a supply chain role. EPCOR experience is a plus.
• Trained in LEAN principles. (Six-Sigma a plus)
• Experience in a medical device environment with knowledge of ISO 13485, GMP, and FDA regulations.
• Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug test and background check.