Innovative Staff Solutions has opportunities for Buyer and Senior Buyer for a well-established manufacturer in Central Illinois.
The sucessful candidate will report directly to the Purchasing Manager and will be responsible for determining material requirements, establishing appropriate vendors based on best cost and service level, and effectively establish and execute procurement and buying strategies in support of the continuing business objectives of the local facility.
Will work to establish requirements and define specifications to qualify suppliers for sourcing and negotiate and aggressively control cost throughout the procurement process.
Track usage and cost history and maintain records/data to support planning and buying decision process.
Drive continuous improvement through Lean Manufacturing/Six Sigma tools and processes.
Required skills include:
- BS Degree in related business or technical field. Applicable certifications a plus.
- 3-7 years experiences buying, planning and/or materials management.
- Strong working knowledge and experience in Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma and Continuous Improvement tools and applications.
- Purchasing, planning, procurement software knowledge required. JD Edwards AS400 preferred.
- Strong negotiation skills along with the ability to manage tasks and determine priorities.
Qualified candidates should submit resume to
for consideration. Only those candidates who most closely match the above will be contacted for an interview.