Coordinates the purchase and delivery of assigned commodities in a manner that is consistent with company policies and performance goals.
Position Qualifications (Required and Preferred):
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree (B. S.) in business or technical curriculum
- A minimum of 3years of experience
- Strong customer service, written and oral communication in English language
- Advanced Microsoft office capabilities (PowerPoint, Word and Excel)
- Strong knowledge of purchasing fundamentals including solicitation of bids and negotiation
- Effective teamwork and collaboration
- Ability to assess priorities, demonstrate flexibility and understand sense of urgency
- Self motivated, demonstrate problem solving abilities, continuous improvement and decision making skills
- CPM or APICS certification is highly desirable
- Engineering degree in Mechanical / Materials mgmt or its equivalent of experience in engineering environment
- Lean and/or Six Sigma continuous improvement experience
- Six years of related work experience.
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
Dresser-Rand is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Purchase materials and services at best savings and value for the company and affiliates.
- Establish working partnership and good relations with vendors.
- Maintains the integrity of purchasing data on the computer based planning system with error free transactions.
- Coordinates with suppliers to meet customer requirements and the requirements of the shop floor and ensures these requirements are clearly defined and communicated.
- Develops in conjunction with proper planning function, inventory plans that insure inventory levels are adequate, but not excessive.
- Participates in an effective cost improvement and savings program for purchased materials and services.
- Evaluates supplier performance using the Company supplier rating model, and participates in continuous improvement efforts with suppliers.
- Supports project management efforts during the proposal and order processing stages.
- Coordinates participation of key suppliers in the design and manufacturing process.
- Interacts with business unit and cost center personnel to support the timely release of engineering data and subsequent engineering changes.
- Process returns to vendor and use the required documentation or RMA forms.
- Carryout ISO-9001 purchasing procedures.
- Adhere to accounting rules and procedures with respect to purchasing in terms of pricing, process and payments.
- Manager vendor delivery performance of 95% or better on time delivery.
- Proactively prevent and manage supplier defects with each of your vendors.
- Act as a back up to other buyers that are out of the office.
- Act as mentor/coach leading lower level buyers.
No agency submissions please. NOTE: Resumes submitted to any Dresser-Rand employee without a current, signed and valid contract in place with the Dresser-Rand Recruiting team in Houston Texas will become the property of Dresser-Rand and no search fees will be paid
Dresser-Rand - 12 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Large enough for global market leadership...Small enough that you can make a difference.
Talented professionals are at the core of our...