The Buyer I will coordinate the purchase and delivery of assigned commodities and services in a manner that is consistent with company policies and performance goals.
Position Qualifications (Required and Preferred):
- The following experience and education levels is acceptable:
- A minimum of a High School Diploma/ GED equivalent with a minimum of 5 years of work related experience
- A minimum of an Associate’s degree (A.S.) with a minimum of 2 years of work related experience
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree (B.S) with limited or no related experience
- Good written and oral communication in English language
- Proficient with Microsoft office capabilities (PowerPoint, Word and Excel)
- Must be customer focused and a collaborative team player
- Ability to assess priorities, demonstrate flexibility and understand sense of urgency
- Self motivated, demonstrate problem solving abilities, continuous improvement and decision making skills
- CPSM Certification/equivalent
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.)
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
- Purchase parts and services at best savings and value for the company and affiliates.
- Establish working partnership and good relations with vendors.
- Maintains the integrity of purchasing data on the computer based planning system with error free transactions.
- Coordinates with suppliers to meet customer requirements and the requirements of the shop floor and ensures these requirements are clearly defined and communicated.
- Develops in conjunction with proper planning function, inventory plans that insure inventory levels are adequate, but not excessive.
- Participates in an effective cost improvement and savings program for purchased materials and services.
- Evaluates supplier performance using the Company supplier rating model, and participates in continuous improvement efforts with suppliers.
- Process returns to vendor and use the required documentation or RMA forms.
- Carryout ISO-9001 purchasing procedures.
- Adhere to accounting rules and procedures with respect to purchasing in terms of pricing, process, payments.
- Manager vendor delivery performance of 95% or better on time delivery.
- Proactively prevent and manage supplier defects with each of your vendors.
Dresser-Rand is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
No agency submissions please. NOTE: Resumes submitted to any Dresser-Rand employee without a current, signed and valid contract in place with the Dresser-Rand Recruiting team in Houston Texas will become the property of Dresser-Rand and no search fees will be paid.
Large enough for global market leadership...Small enough that you can make a difference.
Talented professionals are at the core of our...